Damn, my cover's blown ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, my cover's blown ...

I debated whether to post this here or on CS ... it's neither offensive nor sucky (IMO) but it was rather funny.

First: I have a still shot from a Harry Potter movie on my Facebook page.

Second: I was taking part in a Facebook discussion on the whole Duck Dynasty thing (NOT trying to start a debate on it here!)

I was being polite and diplomatic. I swear it.

... until I was blasted as being obviously "into" witchcraft and thus WHY did I consider myself eligible to take part in a Christian debate??

At that point polite went out the window. I said wasn't it interesting that he recognized the still shot, if he was so opposed to witchcraft. I added that I had a lot of respect for the OP who had started the discussion (true), who is a Christian minister and is doing a tough job, and continues to do so because of his strong beliefs, but "you, on the other hand, are just an idiot."

Shortly thereafter I got a private FB message from the OP. He was home for the holidays, visiting his father. I knew both from my days as a reporter. He'd apparently read the whole exchange to his father, who was laughing so hard he was crying, and instructed his son to send me a photo of a lovely winter scene with instructions to "chill out."

I remember seeing a meme defining the internet as an amazing source of information, on which most people spend their days getting into fights with total strangers. Ain't it the truth.

It beats getting into fights with people you know and want to maintain relations with.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
      It beats getting into fights with people you know and want to maintain relations with.
      I knew the Religion board on here had a positive function.
      "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
      TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
      X