When people have to be first.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When people have to be first.

Every now and then, when a popular website does flash videos, or awesome written articles, people will post "FIRST!".

I hate that. They don't even read the damn thing, but just scream "FIRST!", for no real reason. Why do people do this?
    Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
    I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

FIRST!

*runs away*

Comment

XD I already beat ya... mwa ha ha ha!
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

LOL

I don't know. I guess because it's just so cool to be "first?" I'm ok with people doing that if they actually write a comment, too.
        "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

It's just net goofiness. Something people do because it's something people do.

I've never really seen the appeal, but it doesn't bother me unless there's some offshoot debate about who was really first... 9.9

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

People are idiots.

But you knew that already.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

....and some people just have to be the one to start the first thread in a newly created Forum.

Mike
              If I Were a Master Debater, You'd Likely Catch Me Fratching on a Daily Basis!

Comment

Ha ha ha, that is lame! I don't get why they do it either, but then, I don't know why people do half the shit they do, so I can't really help you with this one.

Comment

Roosterteeth members rate down first comments and they always get called out as lame tossers etc
                  I can has cheeseburger also has the dreaded first plague least some decide to post their first comment as "elebenty", but I rarely read the comments unless I'm trying to see just what exactly is in the picture that I'm looking at

Comment

What's even more amusing is sites like youtube where the first 5 people can comment in seconds. You get like 5 or 6 people saying first, then other people claim seconds and thirds while the next several comments flame the hell out of those who have to announce it. It's one thing to want to be first, but to make your first post announcing that you're first is just silly.

Comment

yay, first post on page two

sorry had to do it
                      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I don't see the "first to post!" as much as I used to on CS, thank goodness. For some reason, I get the feeling that the more popular members with the best writing skills are not as flattered with that kind of worship as people would believe they are. I think they probably feel at least a little embarrassed or a bit put off that instead of focusing on their stories, people are just in love with the fact that they posted.

Comment

I find it irritating, but at least it's not spam, flaming or obscenity. I'd rather see "First!" than say a picture of goatse. O_o
                          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                          X