Hair Mishaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Mishaps

Last night, I overslept a tad and wouldn't have enough time to blow dry my hair. Usually when that happens, I braid it and let it dry that way and have little crimpy waves all night. I tried something different and twisted my hair and then wound it around into two buns on the sides of my head (I have very fine hair). I never air dry my hair because it always waves in all different directions and frizzes and looks bad.

I took the buns out when I got to work and I had soft, luxurious, beautiful curls! It looked as if I had spent quite a while curling my hair with a curling iron!

Go figure, when it's for something that doesn't count and how I look doesn't matter (for work), it ends up looking cute! And weirdly enough, the curls lasted the entire night, they were a little more wavy towards the time I left, but it was still very cute. Most of the time, my hair refuses to curl or do what I want, if I use an iron, the curls die off within an hour or two, even with hairspray or curl-inducing serums. Hell, for my friend's wedding, the lady at the salon used almost an entire bottle of hairspray and went over and recurled my hair twice and it still waved off within hours and was almost completely straight again by the end of the night.

I will bet you all half of my next paycheck if I try that again on Friday for when I have off work and want to look nice, it'll end up looking like a disaster or a big frizzy mess, or it won't last very long at all.

What I found with my hair is that it used to be real easy to curl (it's naturally curly), but after so many years of using a straightener, even when I try to curl it it falls out really easy.

But I have had that happen to me..not really try hard to do anything with my hair and it goes great. Heaven forbid I try to get it to do something when I want it to look cute..not even close!

Comment

I've done both braids and twists to get some shape into my hair. But my hair won't hold any shape, lying flat after only about an hour.

My mom used to do rag curls when I was younger. Wrap up damp hair around bits of rag and tie them off overnight.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

At least I'm not alone, I feel better now.

Comment

My mom once went out and got a perm at a salon, way back when. Her hair was as straight coming out as it was going in.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My hair won't hold any shape whatsoever, unless that shape is static cling suctioning to my face >_> The girl who fixed my hair for my wedding used most of a can of hairspray while spending a long time curling my hair. It stayed fairly nice throughout the ceremony, which only lasted about 20 minutes or so, and by the time we got the reception directly following the ceremony, it was already beginning to straighten. When my husband and I went out bar-hopping with my sisters- brothers- and parents-in-law after the reception, it was wavy at best. At least my hair holds curl when it's permed, but never again will I go that route. Too much maintenance to keep it looking good for me

Comment

My hair...where do I start...first off I don't air dry it and let it stay that way cause it curls in the most retarded fashion ever. I have to blow dry it, even then it's crap. If I curl it it won't stay. However if I straighten it it stays pretty good until the next time I wash it...so I go with that If i french braid it cause it's hot or something then I keep it braided until I wash it again or it's POOF city.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I have a lot of shaggy layers, so if I don't blow dry my hair, it waves in all different directions or feathers in an awful way I don't like. It doesn't always stay completely straight unless I flat iron it, but I don't like to do that more than once or twice a week. Really bad on hair.

Something that helps my hair be less limp is to not over-condition it. You only need a little bit, and you only need to condition the length of your hair, not your scalp or your root areas (unless of course your hair is that short) because it will just encourage oil.

You also don't need to shampoo any further down than your scalp and the back of your neck unless you go several days without washing your hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  My mom once went out and got a perm at a salon, way back when. Her hair was as straight coming out as it was going in.

^-.-^
                  Mom used to get her hair permed regularly.... the only particularly memorable one (for me) was the very last time: it frizzed up like a clown wig (complete with color) and she spent most of Sunday morning in a futile attempt to make herself presentable for church.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
                    The girl who fixed my hair for my wedding used most of a can of hairspray while spending a long time curling my hair.
                    My mom fixed my hair for my wedding. Took her about 45 minutes with some blurry reference images and a lot of bobby pins. She managed to give me the same hair style as Rachael in Bladerunner. Only mine was my own hair and not a wig.

^-.-^

Comment

Being male I was rather shocked to find my long, naturaly curly hair had taken to forming ringlets.

My current style is matted, when I have a bath in the morning on the days that I start at 11 I let it dry naturally, then it get's stuffed into a hair net for 8 hours a day, so over time if I don't comb or brush it, it starts to tangle and if i really let it tangle, its semi matted, one time I liked the look of where it was going so left it alone, in the end it took over and I had to hedge trim it all off, one chunk was as big as my palm and formed the ultimate scary comb over.
                      So knowing how it ended up, I still let the cycle continue once it started to grow out some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                        Being male I was rather shocked to find my long, naturaly curly hair had taken to forming ringlets.
                        On behalf of all women who have to take measures to get that effect: We hate you.

Have you considered using a towel to help dry your hair?

I do that with mine, and it cuts down a great deal on the unruliness I end up with if I let it air dry. I just wrap a towel around my head for about 10-15 minutes, and it pulls most of the moisture out of my hair without the damage that blow drying can do. Then again, my preferred hairstyle is long and straight, for which that solution is ideal.

^-.-^

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                          Have you considered using a towel to help dry your hair?

I do that with mine, and it cuts down a great deal on the unruliness I end up with if I let it air dry. I just wrap a towel around my head for about 10-15 minutes, and it pulls most of the moisture out of my hair without the damage that blow drying can do. Then again, my preferred hairstyle is long and straight, for which that solution is ideal.
                          This is what I do, as well. I don't like using a hair dryer if I can help it, both because it makes my hair even unrulier sometimes and because I hate spending that much time fixing my hair. I'm very low maintenance when it comes to my appearance. So anything that helps me have to spend less time on it, I'm all for it. So I wrap my hair in a towel and putz around for 10 or so minutes, then comb it out and I'm good to go!

Comment

I wash my hair every other day and consequently blow dry and flat iron every other day. I probably over condition somewhat but it's usually ok after two day, not too oily.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
                              So I wrap my hair in a towel and putz around for 10 or so minutes, then comb it out and I'm good to go!
                              And I reserve the right to hate you for this It's just not fair I tell ya

Comment

Working...
                              X