• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Opposed to Shaving *Down There*

A song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B8omCWBl8s

NSFW: Close-up, covered crotch shots

"Map of Tasmania" by Amanda F. Palmer. It's awesome. Also, if you like it (or her stuff in general) follow the link in the video description and you can buy the whole album for less than $1.

I freaking loooove Amanda Palmer. That's one of my new favorite songs. She did have it up on her site for free download (just that one song). Really need to go get that album.

Comment

Watching the video, it seems she's not interested in shaving "up there" either.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She only shaves her eyebrows. Different strokes and all that. I do love her music, and this new album also has a great song with old bandmate Brian Viglione.

Comment

I am not opposed, but I adore Amanda Palmer.
          "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

The only time I ever personally wanted to shave "down there" was when I was staying at the psych hospital and the staff had to watch me shave and I thought I'd try to give them an eye full. It was only because I actually wanted to be released and I'm not quite sure how to shave in that particular region that I didn't go through with it.
            The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

It's actually quite easy. I managed to do it cleanly while relatively trashed.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

She posted this on her Twitter last night:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...orn?CMP=twt_gu

I thought it was an interesting read. I particularly like the quote she pulled from it: "A man who withholds his affection according to the follicle count of a lady's crotch doesn't deserve intimacy w/ a real-life woman"

Comment

Wow, that woman has quite a way with words, now, doesn't she?

It's a shame that the few articles I checked out are more style than substance with a lack of any real effort to understand or learn about the topics.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by muses_nightmare View Post
                    I thought it was an interesting read. I particularly like the quote she pulled from it: "A man who withholds his affection according to the follicle count of a lady's crotch doesn't deserve intimacy w/ a real-life woman"
                    That's baloney. Sex is about attraction. If someone doesn't find tons of public hair attractive, it doesn't make them undeserving of sex, and it doesn't make them a bad person.

I don't think a woman should be made to feel shame about not shaving, but it's a bit ridiculous to say that all men should find it appealing, is it not? If a woman doesn't want to groom her nether regions, she just needs to stick to sexual partners who dig it. Or those who at least don't mind.

Comment

The problem I find is that there is a HUGE double standard, men these days pretty much expect women to be shaved, yet many of them don't want to do the same thing. I've told my boyfriend that if he wants me to he has to, end of discussion. It shouldn't always be up to the woman.

There are a lot of people who seem to think having pubic hair is the grossest thing ever. Sorry, but I disagree. Frankly I think looking like a child is gross, but that's a personal preference. I get sick of how people assume that being clean shaven is the only way to do things, or that it's not clean if you're not or what have you. That's bullshit. Besides which I'd rather not be stubbly and itchy all the time.

Also, if you get to know someone, and you really care about them but find out they don't groom to your specifications are you going to dump them for that? Sure attraction is important, but attraction isn't just based on one area of the body, or even just the body in general. If you really care about someone, you get over it.

Hell one night stands, not that I've had any, do you know beforehand how much hair is on your partner's crotch beforehand? When you do find out if it's hairier than you expected do you just leave or tell the person they need to shave? I'm curious.

Comment

Clean shaven is going a bit too far but I think some grooming is necessary, it shows they care about themselves, and others that need to be concerned, enough to take care of themselves.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Grooming is different from thinking someone is gross for having any hair there.

Comment

The problem I find is that there is a HUGE double standard, men these days pretty much expect women to be shaved, yet many of them don't want to do the same thing. I've told my boyfriend that if he wants me to he has to, end of discussion. It shouldn't always be up to the woman.
                            Probably because when you go down on a guy, a dick doesn't have hair on it. I've had a girl ask me to shave if I want her to keep shaving. I shaved. She didn't like it because it felt like two pieces of sand paper against each other.

There are a lot of people who seem to think having pubic hair is the grossest thing ever. Sorry, but I disagree. Frankly I think looking like a child is gross, but that's a personal preference. I get sick of how people assume that being clean shaven is the only way to do things, or that it's not clean if you're not or what have you. That's bullshit. Besides which I'd rather not be stubbly and itchy all the time.
                            You have a right to disagree. Just like I have a right to continue thinking pubic hair is gross. It is. I don't think it looks like a child. I think it looks like a woman who has shaven. I don't get why some people are so fixed on what a child's pubic region looks like.

I'll give you the stubbly/itchy thing. That it certainly is.

Also, if you get to know someone, and you really care about them but find out they don't groom to your specifications are you going to dump them for that? Sure attraction is important, but attraction isn't just based on one area of the body, or even just the body in general. If you really care about someone, you get over it.
                            Attraction is damn important and I'm not going to date someone that I'm not attracted to. It seems stupid to date someone that isn't attractive to you.

Hell one night stands, not that I've had any, do you know beforehand how much hair is on your partner's crotch beforehand? When you do find out if it's hairier than you expected do you just leave or tell the person they need to shave? I'm curious.
                            No, you most likely don't know if they shave or not. If you do find out it's like a jungle down there, you bail. Plain and simple. If I'm doing a one night stand, feelings are the last thing I give a crap about. If I did, it wouldn't be a one night stand.
                            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Probably because when you go down on a guy, a dick doesn't have hair on it. I've had a girl ask me to shave if I want her to keep shaving. I shaved. She didn't like it because it felt like two pieces of sand paper against each other.
                              Bullshit, have you ever actually gone down on a hairy man? I have, and yes there is hair there. I'd actually prefer it shaved, at least in part, but since I'm not planning on doing it myself I don't ask him to. As for the sandpaper, I wouldn't know.

Attraction is damn important and I'm not going to date someone that I'm not attracted to. It seems stupid to date someone that isn't attractive to you.
                              So if you go out with someone for awhile, and you are attracted to every other part of them you'd just dump them because they don't shave there? Again I'm genuinely curious.

No, you most likely don't know if they shave or not. If you do find out it's like a jungle down there, you bail. Plain and simple. If I'm doing a one night stand, feelings are the last thing I give a crap about. If I did, it wouldn't be a one night stand.
                              I'm sure not all people would bail, but thanks for being honest. I've never had a one night stand, so I don't know the uh protocol for these types of things. For me it's impossible to disconnect sex and emotion.

I don't get what people find so gross about hair on women honestly. I'm just bothered by the way a lot of society seems to view it as a defect or something when it's just something that's there naturally.

Comment

Working...
                              X