Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant gaming group

I think I need to learn how to say no.

I run a new World of Darkness game, every Sunday, noon to four, like clockwork. I have for the past few years.

At first, the group was my neighbor Rebecca, and my friends Brighid, Will, and Gabe.

Then, everyone went away to college but Gabe.

The new group was Gabe, Micaela, Shannon, Sam, and Jon.

Shannon hardly showed up, so midway through the year, Elliot joined in.

Sam left for college, and Gabe I stopped inviting.

So now I had Micaela, Elliot, Shannon, and Jon. Good, four person group, but my game was balanced for five, so I invited Alex, a co-worker from the D&D camp.

This was again, a pretty good number. But I was discussing gaming with Shannon at her work, and her co-worker is a gamer, so she got invited too. Which made six. Then David asked to join, and he gives me rides home from college. Seven. And now Rebecca's interested in coming back... So I've got an eight person group, plus any observer types who Mic or someone else picks up.

Its hard to keep track of all these characters.
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

You could try being rude and obnoxious so as to have fewer people willing to endure your company....

Would it be easier if you could have a sort of spin-off, so half were playing one week and the other half the other, with the rest as spectators? Perhaps get one of the others to run the second game?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yeah, you totally need to figure your balance, and stick with it.

Hell, you said Alex is a co-worker from the D&D camp, maybe get him to share some GM duties?

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
      X