Weird Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Dreams

I think the reason I've been plagued with crazy dreams has been the nearly 5 years I've worked such an off shift for work (and others who work crazy shifts could chime in and please let me know I'm not alone!).

I was also on Chantix for a few weeks a couple of years ago and part of the reason I quit taking it was the dreams.

I ended up falling asleep earlier this afternoon, and slept almost non stop (save for getting up and going to the bathroom and answering a couple of phone calls) until 2:30 am this morning. What a sleep, but what crazy dreams!

First I dreamed that I was shopping. I love shopping dreams, because I always have an unlimited amount of money, or the stuff I want is free....whatever the case, shopping dreams for me are like the footage you see on TV of celebrities shopping and needing a giant SUV to put all their stuff in.

Then there was a bad dream. It must have been a little later, but it felt like the dreams merged together like a movie marathon on tv.

It was like a mixture of The Descent and The Hills Have Eyes, but there were no caves or mines. Some random girls and I were in a truck or some kind of odd all terrain vehicle and we were in this wooded area that seemed to never end, and everything was so eery. All of a sudden, we were ambushed by these ugly, mutant looking things. Somehow, most of us managed to escape, and while we drove trying to find a way out of the woods, all of a sudden, my neighbor drove past in his truck, firing gunshots out his window at the mutants who were following us! Somehow, it was like he never had to re-load or maybe he had a semi automatic gun, and he just kept shooting, but he didn't get all of them.

Yet for some reason, we made it out.

And then....we were in jail. I swear, these two dreams just merged into one. Same girls and I were put in jail, but we were on Huber, so we could leave to go to work.

We got into one girls' car, and we decided that instead of going back to jail after work, we were going to go party. I kept asking the girls when people would start coming after us, and they said they didn't care. We even drove back to the jail to switch cars, because the first girl's car was out of gas! And by some miracle, no one saw us do the switcheroo in the parking lot, and we were off to the bar again!

And that's when the phone rang and I woke up and decided to not sleep anymore.

Nuts. Just nuts.

That's a wee bit more graphic or weird than usual, but at the same time, it's not unusual for me at all to have really weird dreams on Fridays and Saturdays, when I'm off of work. I think while I attempt to sleep, my mind goes into overdrive trying to refresh itself and try to adapt to me being awake during the day Fridays and Saturdays. Although I have had some really weird dreams in the middle of the week before, some have been so bad I've woke up at 4-6 pm and not been able to sleep the rest of the evening and have gone to work just dead tired.

I occasionally have weirdo dreams. When I was pregnant, I dreamed that I gave birth to a cat (no one else seemed to notice it was a cat and not a baby) and that I stabbed Ozzy Osborne to death with my car keys. My dad offered to help me cover it up, but I decided to turn myself in and plead insanity.

The other day, I had some really long crazy dream, but I only remember two parts:

* I am on a semi-weekly podcast, and the guy who runs it called me and said we were going to do an entire podcast all about red velvet cake (it's an Asian pop culture podcast...).

* I made out with Lance Henrikson.

I wish I could remember my dreams in that much detail, blas! It would be most entertaining.

Comment

I have crazy dreams any time I don't get up when I first wake up, which is usually on weekends, or when I stay home sick.

This morning's crazy dream was about some evil guy that was running some sort of island base*, but was about to be caught, so he used the base nurse to hypnotize certain key members of the base staff** so that he could make his escape, at which point he was going to destroy the entire island facility, which we discovered based on ink stains on the palms of the nurse's hands. But before we could get on with stopping them, we had to wait for one of our members to compete in a completely unrelated race on the mainland, which he lost, and then we couldn't find where the car was parked, but found some fun pop rocks like candy that sort of exploded when you ate them or jostled them too much. รด.0

* this bit was inspired by watching the boyfriend play Just Cause 2
      ** this bit was inspired by an episode of Lois & Clark

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        I occasionally have weirdo dreams. When I was pregnant, I dreamed that I gave birth to a cat (no one else seemed to notice it was a cat and not a baby)
        I hate dreams like that. The ones in which the whole world has gone mad and no one can see it but you. You spend the whole dream trying to convince people that this shit ain't right, and no one cares.

Comment

I dream of things I'm scared of quite often.

I have a pregnant dream at least once every few weeks. I've actually seen myself giving birth in some dreams, and, pardon the overshare....but, down there actually feels like it's being torn apart! I hate children and I'm terrified of ever being pregnant, I constantly dream of that. I have lots of baby bump dreams where I look in the mirror and all I see is a big belly.

Of course, I also dream of the zombie apocalypse at least once or twice a month as well, so take that however you will.

Comment

I occasionally have weirdo dreams. When I was pregnant, I dreamed that I gave birth to a cat (no one else seemed to notice it was a cat and not a baby)
            My brother had a dream like that when his son was due. Not where he gave birth, but his wife gave birth to a full-grown cat... and while my brother was freaking out, nobody else saw what the big deal was, making comments about what nice fur he has, etc. Then the cat got outside, where there were a bunch more that looked just like it and my brother was trying to figure out which one was his son.

The real son, of course, has yet to display feline characteristics.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Ever since I started taking my doxycyclene last weekend, I've been having some crazy ass dreams. I hear when you go home and start taking the other med that goes with it to help get you off it, they get even more vivid.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Of course, I also dream of the zombie apocalypse at least once or twice a month as well, so take that however you will.
                You too eh? :P

I also had a dream where I was a dinosaur egg, not a dinosaur, an egg, with legs...That's really the only thing I remember about that dream.

Comment

I've only had 2 preggo dreams and both were scary as hell, and the wierd dream I had, jeez. I was married to a carrot until my first dog (dead for 3 years when I dreamt this) ate him.
                  "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                    Ever since I started taking my doxycyclene last weekend, I've been having some crazy ass dreams.
                    I've been reading A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain, and he talks about having the same problem in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                      I've been reading A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain, and he talks about having the same problem in Vietnam.
                      They only warned me about heartburn and light sensitivity.
                      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

When I have what passes for a normal dream..I worry. Almost all my dreams are messed up. Have had at least 3 where my brother has been trying to kill me, 2 where he was with me in a nightmare, and one where I was mistaken that he was trying to scare me. As he has passed on several years ago, take that as you will.

Most of my dreams make perfect sense..until I wake up..and then I just have to think what the heck?! IE to my mind it makes perfect sense (while I am dreaming) that I speak some alien language, can walk through walls, etc..until I wake up..

I've hit the ground in a falling dream also (after 7 days of my dream picking up where it left off each night). Very vivid, very real, and very intense dreams.

Comment

I have some really kooky dreams sometimes, too. Like last night, I had this super realistic-feeling dream. I was watching the remake of The Crazies (which I've never seen, only seen the original), but it was different than the original. Instead of a biological weapon that had accidentally contaminated a town, there had been a piece of something from space that had landed near a town. This space rock altered people's emotions where they were no longer able to feel them individually when a situation warranted them, and they were also incredibly heightened. Because of the overload of emotions, people began going insane since they were not able to cope. One part I remember vividly was 2 sisters who were incredibly close were overrun with their sisterly love towards each other that they ended up stabbing each other with butcher knives o.O

There was more to the dreams, and while I think there were separate dreams they all flowed together fairly seamlessly, but I don't remember too much other than snippets from the rest.

Also, going back to the OP, my dad also took Chantix to help him quit smoking, and my mom says that ever since then (which was over a year ago) he's been having weird dreams that he never used to get. I guess he talks in his sleep more or thrashes around more or something. Kind of freaky!

Comment

If I've had a particularly stressful day I tend to dream about being back in the Army. Last time, I was on patrol in 1971 in Viet Nam and was entering the area where a buddy set off a mine that killed him and wounded me for the second time. I was trying to warn him but couldn't all I could do was take cover. No explosion but when I got up I was in Panama during that invasion and then in Saudi Arabia/Iraq rolling through the desert west of Kuwait. I've had this dream enough that I know I'm dreaming and just go along with it and sometimes try to consciously control the dream.
                            Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Dreamed last night that someone in a game I play was a spy for another country.

Forgot my second dream.

Third dream, two coworkers and I signed up to be officers in the Air Force.

Comment

Working...
                              X