No announcement yet.

Employee Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At work if I do the morning pick I always seem to be short sandwiches (and a crap tonne of other food) and have to get them made up and today was no exception, I was missing a total of 9.
    I got into the habbit of packing only the final 6 drops sandwiches and catching the girl making sandwiches for staff for my shortages so she is still in sandwich mode, instead of waiting till I had run out and had to wait till she had finished her current task, it's better this current way as she's making a fair few my 9 are not going to be an extra burden.

The early supervisor/team leader sort's out the sandwiches for all drops packed in the evening before I start (otherwise they would have me doing it too) and I only have to deal with 12 at the most requesting them, so of the 2-300 that come in, I don't need as many.
    I let the office know I'm short, they always say the number ordered matches the number inputed into the system and the supervisor says they all came in and the right ammount went on.
    rinse repeat daily, now I'm not saying that someone took 9 from me and I'm sure it happens to everyone on the morning shift, it's just that I am the only one who has a paper trail of "shit gone wrong" handed in, so it seems that it only happens to me in their eye's.

Cut to me going back to the precounted stack to find one missing, I left one of each to the side to add a number with the ammount needed and the rest in the box, I had two of option 3 now I only have one, meantioning this to the early sup seemed a pointless exercise
    "You're the only one who ever gets shortages."
    Probably not "I had 9 missing, now I have 10, I pre packed them with 2 of this left in the box, now I have one, ONE."
    I wasn't happy that nothing ever gets done about this happening, I had to take one of the sandwiches off a driver telling him these are needed and I was always short and if he wanted a sandwich he should ask the girl I would eventually be asking.

Turn's out I miscounted and I had two in the box before I took one out to lable as short, but all the other's never went into the box, so some of my bitching was unfounded, but the other 9 were still unnacounted for.

Later I'm restocking our juice crate and I'm the only one who seems to know that we need to use August before November and was packing those and found a few light, opened rank smelling by being at room temperature for god knows how long and give them to a supervisor, 5 in all.

TL;DR
    First story was just me miscounting and having a bitch about it till I got the replacements in and found one too many, the second is someone drinking from the carton, puting it in the middle of the stack (at room temperature) and leaving it for god knows how long, getting a fresh one each time.

I didn't drop the driver in it bout the one he almost took as even though I saw stuff happening, unless a supervisor saw it, they said it would be my word vs theirs and as some of the team leaders openly ate in the unit against policy, well, I think I would be wasting my breath.

Comment

Working...
    X