Hacking a Loogie in the Toilet/Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking a Loogie in the Toilet/Shower

It's funny, my sister brought this up with me because apparently, all her boyfriend's friends do this. She asked me why and I've never experienced this. Since coming to Afghanistan, I constantly here people hacking a loogie every time they take a piss or are in the shower. It confuses me.

Why do people feel the need to do it every time? It's pretty damn gross. I can understand if you REALLY have to clear your throat, but if you have to do it that often, you probably should see a doctor about it since you probably have a medical problem.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

I have a tendency to in the shower. And I'll tell you why. I try to keep in shape and such, but I also have mild allergies. So after I run or bike, I get a shower. And between the exercise and the now hot water and steam, things start breaking up. It's got to get clear and I'm standing above a drain anyway, so...why not?

Same thing if I'm taking a shower in the morning. Head's stuffed up, steam breaks it up.

Why waste extra water going to the sink when I'm already above a drain?
    I has a blog!

Comment

I spit into the toilet as its not going to clog anything up and its had worse in it being a toilet and all.
      I'm not the kind that spends five minutes hacking it up for one spit like some guys at work and a guy who used to do this in the downstairs toilet, the couple in the attic (not current couple) used to be cooking at the time and always looked disgusted hearing it whilst stiring food.

TMI Alert:

Once a day, I do have to clear out enough that looks like I've been visited by the blowjob goblin during the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
        I have a tendency to in the shower. And I'll tell you why. I try to keep in shape and such, but I also have mild allergies. So after I run or bike, I get a shower. And between the exercise and the now hot water and steam, things start breaking up. It's got to get clear and I'm standing above a drain anyway, so...why not?
        I have to admit to the same, when I'm recovering from a chest cold.

I hit the shower every morning after a long workout, and the combination of aerobic exercise and hot water causes the phlegm in my chest to start breaking up.

So I'll cough and spit in the shower. I know it's gross, but it's my shower, and I'm the one who cleans it. Mr. Boozy has heard me do it, and he's never said anything, god bless him.

Comment

We have four showers on my floor, one of which has a cracked pipe and another's door has a broken off handle so it can't be closed. That leaves two showers I have to share with maybe 50 other guys.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Hacking in a semi-public shower is disgusting. I think we can all agree on that.

Comment

Yeah. That's a different situations entirely. My bathroom that I don't share/have limited people who share? Well, my bathroom.

Bathroom that has multiple people using it? I'll just go spit in the sink if I need to.
              I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                We have four showers on my floor, one of which has a cracked pipe and another's door has a broken off handle so it can't be closed. That leaves two showers I have to share with maybe 50 other guys.
                Seems like, if anybody has time, it might be good to swap doors
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                  Hacking in a semi-public shower is disgusting. I think we can all agree on that.
                  Yup. Or in public in general.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I have a question: If you've got a loogie stuck in your throat, where would be the best place to hock it up?

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Eh, when I'm in public and I have to, I try to spit off the path of where everyone is walking and I try to face away from other people while doing it.

Comment

And what if you happen to be in the shower and you have to? Do you go outside to spit in the gutter?

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

How about grabbing a tissue and then depositing it in the trash?

Comment

After reading this thread...I'm soooo glad that I live alone. Free to hack up "hairballs" in the shower all I want

Comment

I'm in a relationship, and neither of us get all bent out of shape over normal bodily functions, provided neither of us leave a mess for the other to deal with.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X