It's one per household not house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's one per household not house

OK here in the UK its Census time and as I don't have a TV or listen to the radio, I'm largely clueless on when it's due nor had I seen a form addressed to me (the occupire room X), a few mondays ago I was asked by Captain Dickhead if I had filled mine in, how can I fill in a form I have not recieved.

Yesterday afternoon someone knocked on our door and I opened the window to see who it was but someone else had already answered, so I went back to watching the latest Nostalgia Chick "the craft".

This morning I notice some post on the radiator, it's the Census form, ONE census form and I'm thinking the guy who came might have given it to the guy who answered the door. As the title sugests, I live in a single occupancy dwelling that used to be a family home, so I do not want other members of the house to read my information and answers whilst they fill in theirs, hell I don't know the name of one of the people and she's lived here for about 6 months. I leave it there for now, they might say its going to be private and confidential, not when 6 people I don't know very well or at all get to see it first it isn't.

I was going to have a read over the questions to see if I had anything to worry about other people reading and it has now gone, either
    A> Someone is going to fill in their bit and their bit only.
    B> It will then be handed out after they have finished.
    C> It's already in the bin

I can not fill it out online as I need a long code, and I can not request a new code, the only way I can is to request a whole new form, which I did, even though I may end up filling it out online, yay for paper wastage everybody.

I may or may not get fined if I do not put my details down, they say you will be, but if I do not have a form how can I enter my details.
    Cambridge is predominantly bedsits so they should have asked him how many people lived there, if I had answered, I would have told him 7 split between 6 different residencies and would need 6 forms. but no, the door gets answered by someone who spends his time between being pissed and or stoned and when he's neither he just seems to be one or the other.

edit:
    from the website
    In March 2011 we sent you a census questionnaire in the post which you needed to complete and return online or by post, before, on, or as soon as possible after census day, 27 March 2011.

An electronic tracking system is being used to tick off all the completed questionnaires we get back by post or online.

A 2011 Census collector may visit you to chase up a late questionnaire. They’ll just be checking why you haven’t sent yours back, offer help and advice, and give you another questionnaire to complete if yours has been lost or damaged. If you’re not in when they call, they’ll leave a calling card and come back another time.

You should only get a visit from a census collector if:

•We haven’t yet had a completed questionnaire back from you - either in the post or online
    •You’ve requested a visit through the census helpline and a census co-ordinator has contacted you to arrange this
    Census collectors will be out and about visiting households from late March through to 6 May 2011.
    So I should have had the Census form in March if it was due by the 27th, well done everybody well done.

On the plus side I'm downloading the video's of the BSL aid incase I ever retake the class and need some extra viewing material.
    Last edited by Ginger Tea; 04-11-2011, 11:22 AM.

Did I read that right, you can get fined for not filling out a census? wth? I know they would like everyone to fill it out but last time I checked it wasn't mandatory.... but then I don't know the rules where you live.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
      Did I read that right, you can get fined for not filling out a census? wth? I know they would like everyone to fill it out but last time I checked it wasn't mandatory.... but then I don't know the rules where you live.
      News flash: the US census is mandatory and has been for as long as I've known about it. It's $100 fine if you don't answer, and a $500 fine if you knowingly give false information.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

apparantly its £1k over here, still if they sent one on time first time round, I never saw it, so maybe they knew there were 7 people living there but only 1 on the form and this was a follow up, either way, bedsits should be listed individually not in a group form, so I'm waiting for postman pat to deliver a new one in my name.

The false information bit is also a reason I want my own form, who knows what anyone might put under my name if they decide to fill it out for the whole house?

Comment

Huh....I never knew you could be fined for not filling out the census. Luckily I've filled it out the few times I've gotten one.

whatev.....seems ridiculous to me.

Comment

Everything about how the government spends money on the people is determined by using the census. It's kind of a big thing, actually.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

then why are social services being cut due to budget every single day?

Comment

That's a completely separate issue wholly unrelated to the census and fodder for another thread.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                X