My Work Ethic... or Lack there of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Work Ethic... or Lack there of

I had a NEW co-worker (whole 2 weeks experience) questioning my work ethic, she didn't like my response that after nearly 2 years I have had enough of my job. It sucks, they pay us shit, they treat us like shit, therefore I DON'T give a shit. My new feelings are this, minimum wage, minimum effort.

She has no idea what the hell the company is like, and was telling me not to worry about what other people do and just focus on doing my own thing ( I know fucking hypocritical because she was bitching about my work ethic and that of other people)

I really got pissed she told the manager I left the store a mess for her, sure I didn't front and face because I hate it but I did WAY more than any of my other coworkers would have done because I know she is new and the weekend is rough. So, I spent an extra 30min doing her shit that would help to buy her an extra hour or two later.... only to come in the next day and be asked why I left the store a mess and left without doing anything.

She further went onto basically tell me I'm never going to have a good job because I have a crappy work ethic and don't like to work, all because I said I FUCKING HATE fronting and facing, followed by trash, then dishes.... I do the trash because I have to not because I want to, as she is 3rd shift she doesn't get the joy of knowing how disgusting our outside trash is during a 90degree summer day, or hard during zero degree weather and blowing winds.

I have had jobs I liked and I did well, because they paid well they made it worth it, and I'm joining the military because they offered me a career that was hands on and in the area of what I like to do. Which she tore me down again and said well seeing how you work ethic your just gonna fail. It took everything I had to not tell her "Well your 50 some years old, unmarried, no kids, working for minimum wage and probably the last person I care to take life planning from, plus you just started here and don't even know me"

I really hope the old 3rd shifter can set her straight if she keeps bitching about me since she can vouch I'm one of the few that actually does my fucking job. OR she is going to find out how lazy I really can be.

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
    My new feelings are this, minimum wage, minimum effort.
    I'm sorry, but if you're going to live your life by this credence, you're gonna have to get used to people who put in above minimum to call you out on it. Yeah, she might have been a little nosey and opinionated, but if you outright say that, yeah, you didn't front and face, and that's the part she sees, then it's gonna look like you left the department a mess. If your coworkers don't front and face, she's probably gonna say the same thing about them, as well.

You get what you give.

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post

You get what you give.
      That is pretty much my response to management. As it took them 6months to get me a uniform which was the wrong gender, and another 6 months from that till they provided me with a proper one, and that was only after management got sick of hearing me point out to people I was being forced to wear a female uniform unless I wanted to pay for a new one. (They didn't want the $20 to impact the budget)

But for the most part I have ignored all that. The reason I currently don't give a shit is we have some coworkers that have done things that our operations manual clearly states are to be dealt with by using termination. Instead they got warnings.

So, if they are going to tolerate shitty work ethics, I have decided that in a few months I'm going to be gone anyways, there is no reason I shouldn't sink to the level of my coworkers.

And for the record, I was still attempting to work till the new coworker decided to make those comments, now im gonna see how much I don't have to do and still keep out of trouble.

I even concede, that minimum wage minimum effort is a horrible work ethic but that is what the upper managements seems to expect and tolerate. So, it becomes hard knowing I can't be promoted to even give half a fuck. The only reason I don't quit is I see no reason to switch jobs for 3 months.

Comment

Working...
      X