No announcement yet.

What to sing in a competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My voice is fucked up on me due to a bit of the sniffles, so if Captain Dickhead asks if im going tonight, I won't be able to sing, hell I'm caughing up more gunk than I care to see, but after I found they had changed my start time tomorrow to 11am from 5am I had an oportunity to warble unlike the last few sunday's.
    But I can't even croak today.

I had a good giggle last time I was there, he selected "Crazy for you" by some boyband from the early 00's and the DJ played the Madonna version, so when the line "Crazy for you" came up he went "Crazy Crazy for you and there's nothing that ... those arn't the words."
    I knew from the start as it listed her last name and then when the music started it just sealed the deal.
    I had a joking argument with the DJ once when he played the beetles "Little help" as I 'grew up' on the Joe Cocker Woodstock version (when not being reditioned (and I'm sure intentionally) badly by my dad)
    paraphrased as it was a few months ago or last year
    "Is this the beetles version?
    Do I look like a Beetles person?

*a line from the song*

There are two types of people,
    Elvis people and Beetles people

*a line from the song*

and I ain't a Beetles person."

Comment

So much misspelling of Beatles. Blasphemy!

Haven't been to karoake lately here. It's on Friday nights and the pool tournaments are on Friday nights at the same time. Plus karaoke ends at 11. But maybe I'll go this week since I'm not in this week's tournament. There's one woman who I've seen there who picks really hard songs and is amazing. I'd love to hear her sing again.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I was sneezing my face off for most of the day
        sides I'm an Elvis person so I don't care much for them scousers, only good thing post Beatles they did was Ringo narating Thomas the Tank Engine

Comment

Working...
        X