My god...maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My god...maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel

After two years of aggravation, frustration and general misery, I'm finally getting rid of my car. Long story short, when my dad died, my mom took my car under the deal that she'd pay the monthly payment on it ($400).

Fast forward until June. She hasn't paid me in a while, and then loses her job. She's irresponsible and unreliable, and before I could float the payment, until my student loans became due ($1200, $900 after I consolidated). After months of fighting, I finally get the car back.

A month later, I'm finally able to sell it, for a lot less than what I wanted. But, it's done. The guy's picking it up tomorrow, and with the profits I can pay off my truck and dirtbike. I sold my street bike today, as well. I end up saving about $850 a month from getting rid of that debt. I might actually be able to breathe!

Congrats on getting a handle on everything.

It really sucks when your finances are being held hostage by a family member. It took my brother getting us evicted from the house we were renting (1250 sq ft for $975/mo... such a steal >_< ) because he didn't feel like paying for anything.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I shouldn't have gotten into it in the first place, but at the time she and I were both grieving and not exactly making rational or well-thought-out decisions. Car's all paid off now, and I may treat myself and the roommates to a nice new widescreen TV. We have an old, aging 19" CRT in the living room. I think a 46" plasma or LED-LCD would look lovely. ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X