Babies!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies!!!!!

Do you think guys have biological clocks?

Lately my daughter's brother has been around more when I have been visiting her and it's reminding me how much I want more kids. Only now it's not like a vague in the future when I am 30 I will look at having more.

It's a I am 30 and my dreams are screaming BABIES!!!!

Am I nuts?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Sorry, can't help you. My biological clock has never functioned. I have not and never had any desire to procreate.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My biological clock has no batteries, and I'm doing my best to make sure that clock never functions.

Comment

^Likewise.

Comment

My boyfriend talks about having kids every now and then, we can't really afford to for a couple of years, but he wants to have them.

Comment

I don't have one.

I hope I can find a nice girl who lacks one, too.

Comment

Don't know but I wouldn't want to find out. Since becoming an adult, not once have I ever had any sort of desire to have kids. Less than two years until I can get snipped!
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Growing up my Dad was busy and had very little to do with us kids (I'm the oldest and he was 40 when I came around) and when he did pay attention to us he didn't like the things we did. I liked baseball and basketball, he didn't so my Mom felt sorry for me and would pass ball and play basketball with me. Dad liked to fish I did too to an extent, I didn't like fishing all day and all night. Anyways I thought we (my siblings and I) got the short end of the stick when it came to attention from our Dad so I decided that if I didn't have kids by the time I was 40 I wouldn't and didn't want to have anymore after 40. I figured at 40 you're set in your ways and interests and kids would be a hinderence so don't make their life harder just to have kids.
                It turned out I had 3 by 40 and 2 more afterwords. I can't run and play with the two younger kids as I did the older ones but we have mutual interests and spend as much time together was we can. My three oldest are grown and gone and my youngest son in a HS junior and youngest daughter is HS sophmore. In a few years they'll be grown and gone, I'm hoping for some grandbabies by that time.
                Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

I only have my son and seeing as how he's 19 I really don't see myself having any more at this late date! Honestly, I hadn't even planned on having him because I'd been told I'd never go to term or even really be able to get pregnant. I was surprised to go to term with him, considering the three pregnancies before ended in miscarriages around the 12 week mark, and ditto for the four I'd had after him.

My biological clock has wound down though as I'm going into the whole pre-menopausal part of my life. So, no more babies for me :P

Comment

for years i kept breaking my clock *hitting the snooze button or ignoring it* and then I could no longer ignore. I don't think its odd for a guy to have a biological clock its just less heard and known of. Still not crazy...screaming babies in your dream is your bio-clock going ignore me now in your face attitude and going off.
                    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
                    Yeah we're so over, over
                    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

My sister had her second baby back in December of last year.

I too now want to have a baby.

Child Rum is 7. But I'm afraid of having another autistic child, but I'm willing to take that risk.

Now we find out that Mr. Rum has low testosterone. Not sure I believe it, but that's what the blood work says. The list of symptoms of low testosterone do not describe Mr. Rum at all. So we will see.

I'm hoping to have another child.

FTR, I'll be 39 in October.
                      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

I had my first and only child at 33. I will be 43 in July, my heart wants to have another baby, my head and my pocketbook both say that's a bad idea. Hubby doesn't want another child, either, so...hopefully there will be grandchildren in my future.

I don't know whether men have biological clocks, but they certainly can want children, and unlike women, they can usually produce kids throughout their lives (actor Tony Randall became a first-time father at 77, while Charlie Chaplin had his youngest at 73).
                        People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                        If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

My brother's gf is pressuring him to have a baby with her (don't ask me how I found this out, my family is irate). They are 21 and 20. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!

Comment

I don't know if "biological clock" is the right way to express it. Men don't have such a thing, because most can procreate for as long as they are alive.

I think what happens is that men find themselves in a secure position for the first time in their lives, and have the realization that they can support a child. Once men are in a stable relationship and are secure financially, many will start to have the urge to procreate.

I was ready to have babies the minute I got married, but it took my husband a few more years to feel ready. He felt that he needed to make more money and built up our saving a bit more. It turned out to be a moot point anyway, since it turns out we can't have kids. I think we'll use our baby savings to go to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                              My brother's gf is pressuring him to have a baby with her (don't ask me how I found this out, my family is irate). They are 21 and 20. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!
                              Make sure he knows some women lie when they say they are on birth control.
                              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
                              X