No announcement yet.

Male/Female Stereotypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get rather annoyed whenever I hear guys say that women know nothing about football (soccer to you Americans). Excuse me, I used to play the game and I've supported the same football team for donkey's years. Hell, I even know what the offside rule is. (linked in case anyone needs to know what that is. XD) Yet there are still men who believe that women a) know fuck all about football and b) only ever support teams cuz they fancy the players.

I've even had someone say, "Oh, you support Spurs. That's cuz your fiance supports them, isn't it?" Um, no. I've supported Spurs ever since I first got interested in football, and I have the photographs, taken of me as a teenager in an away Spurs shirt, to prove it.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

My sister-in-law was, briefly, a professional football (American) player. They were trying to start up a league or something. Didn't last long, and she left because it made it impossible to get insurance.

Hardly the NFL, but still... she *did* get paid to play football Don't tick her off.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
        I navigate using every available type of information I have. I'll start with street names and actual distances, because those are concrete. Then I'll use cardinal directions and landmarks as backups and mnemonics.

^-.-^
        as a delivery driver who drives in ALL kinds of weather from pouring rain to fog to a blinding wet snowstorm (as in the snow cakes on everything) I use every means necessary to get to where I am delivering. this includes counting streets from a major intersection and know the lahyout of my delvuery area really well.

in my personal life if I have to go somewhere I have never been before, maps (of all varieities including paper and MapQuest type and they only have street names and address numbers) are my friend OR I get detailed instructions such as "get off at Exit 172 and make a right. go past the <well know petrol company> gas station for 2 streets and turn left, go past the streets named after golf stuff. turn left and then look for the long brown house with the address of 1999 on the mail box. it will be across the street from a light blue house with yellow trim"

once I have navigated through that I can find my way back there again even after a year.
        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I think part of the reason why I tend to be a little atypical is because I've been around women more than men for most of my life. When I was growing up, I spent a lot more time with my mom and sister than I did with my dad, since he was gone most of the time. He wasn't gone from home much more than the average working guy, but he worked second shift, and his workplace was 80 miles away, so he was usually at work when we were home from school in the evenings. Plus, for most of my working life, I've spent my time in jobs that are dominated by women. I don't do this on purpose. When I look for jobs, I don't think, "Okay, let's try to find a job where most of my coworkers will be female!" For some reason, I just always seem to end up in jobs like that.

Comment

Working...
          X