Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not skimming your posts. I read them through completely a couple of times before posting.
    You do not get it, it doesn't matter that it was a junker, it is your attitude that is wrong. This time it's a junker, next time it might be a newer car that does have some worth. The guy deserves to have what was damaged replaced. Who are you to say because it was a junker it has no value, that does not give your son the right to vandalise something.

The decent, moral thing to do is to offer to pay replacement value for the damage YOUR son caused. Your apparent flippant attitude towards the fact he thought it was okay to vandalise someone elses property is troubling, as is the fact you seem to be annoyed at the victim of the vandalism for wanting compensation.

Now how about you read ther replies just as carefully as you have suggested we read your posts and answer the questions posed at you.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
      You do not get it, it doesn't matter that it was a junker, it is your attitude that is wrong. This time it's a junker, next time it might be a newer car that does have some worth. The guy deserves to have what was damaged replaced. Who are you to say because it was a junker it has no value, that does not give your son the right to vandalise something.
      The decent, moral thing to do is to offer to pay replacement value for the damage YOUR son caused. Your apparent flippant attitude towards the fact he thought it was okay to vandalise someone elses property is troubling, as is the fact you seem to be annoyed at the victim of the vandalism for wanting compensation.

Now how about you read ther replies just as carefully as you have suggested we read your posts and answer the questions posed at you.
      He's a KID. He's SEVEN.

You know, I used to come on here all the time bitching about how awful my kids are. They're loud, they're annoying, they're messy, they stink. But ya know what everyone told me? They're kids, that's how kids act. Same applies here.

These kids weren't out to fuck anyone over. They were playing around and they got carried away and broke some shit. Fair enough. For the hundredth time, I'm totally cool with paying my share of it.

Now for the hundredth time - there is no flippant attitude. No one thought it was "ok to vandalize someone's property". No one is defending the kids. No one is getting angry with the guy.

As for the rest of it, it's pretty much irrelevent. Want to talk about how to discipline kids? Go start your own thread. This one is about the portion of responsibility owed to each child and parent.
      Last edited by Boozy; 06-07-2011, 09:39 PM.

Comment

This one has gotten a bit heated, and I don't see it going anywhere. Everyone's said their piece, no one on either side is going to change their mind, and there had been some miscommunication on both sides.

On a more general note, this is a good example of why posting about personal problems on a debate forum can be problematic. Not only can it lead to hurt feelings, it's especially troublesome to debate. We're only given the information provided by the OP. Unlike topics such as religion and politics, we can't do our own research. And it's virtually impossible not to get personal.

If anyone's considering posting about their private lives here, tread carefully.

Comment

Working...
        X