Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I accidentally might have sounded like an SC as I left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I accidentally might have sounded like an SC as I left.

This is more for brain burps on CS.com but I havn't registered there.

Due to my other thread about having a stomped up wheel, I on wednesday went browsing, most had no stock or were £50+, but my first port of call said they would order one in for me and even if I got one else where they would sell it at some point anyways even though they are mainly car accessories based, but I got the bike from there and they were geographically my first choice.

Just got back from there and the order didn't come in, at first I thought there was some confusion that it had come in but had been sold, not an issue to an extent, I had not specifically ordered it nor put down a deposit.

They called their sister shop further into town who were also out of stock, so I would have to go back to the other bike shops (luckily its Cambridge and there are tonnes).

I thanked them for trying anyway and as I left I said, getting my words wrong "Thanks for the trouble."
    which to me sounds like I am blambing them for not having the wheel and causing me to now go out of my way etc, which I didn't mean, I was thanking them for going to the trouble of calling other shop and other stuff, but as I said it the way I said it, well it makes me sound otherwise (in my head atleast, don't know bout theirs, I didn't want to dig deeper explaining myself and quit whilst I was behind.)

A lot is conveyed by tone, so if you said it and meant it as a legitimate thank you, it's likely that's how it was taken. Even without tone, I would assume the phrase, "Thanks for the trouble," would be a short way of saying, "Thanks for going to the trouble of trying to help me out on this, even though it didn't work out."

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

After fighting with my bike last night and giving up, it really didn't like the new wheel at all, it slipped right in and lined up as far as i could tell, sadly the derailer(sp) is missaligned (perhaps due to being bucked with the wheel?) and doesn't go on the larger disc and is prone to falling off the smaller if I go to its actual level (ie it thinks 5th is the 6th and 1st is in mid air).
      I was cycling up and down the road, didn't feel 100% gears not withstanding and the shop is open today till 1pm. So I popped in, first thing I did when talking to the guy who was in yesterday was say sorry if what I said came out wrong, seriously it had been weighing on me and even if my bike was in tip top, I would have gone in monday after work to square it.
      He didn't take it as a slight and he's gonna have a look at it after I finish work monday, mainly cos I have no idea how to re adjust it myself.

Comment

Working...
      X