Anyone know what song this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what song this is?

This was a pre-programmed tune on an old keyboard we had...this is just the intro to it, but I figure it's a good start...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_2stLOhP8

It's been driving me nuts and I hope someone knows what it is!

Wow, that doesn't ring a bell at all and I thought I had a decent sized musical library in my head. I hope it wasn't just one of the generic auto beat tracks / tunes that old keyboards came programmed with.

Does remind me of Kings Quest though. -.-

Comment

Yeah I suppose it could've been a generic made up tune but the keyboard had a lot of real songs on it too and I recall it being in with the other real songs.

there's more of it but i was just using the trial version of guitar pro and its annoying.

Maybe I'll make a video of me whistling it so I can get the whole thing on there.

Comment

it does sound vaguely familiar but I can't think of what it is either.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Puttin on the Ritz?
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

Nope but that's a common guess.

Comment

Sorry I can't help.... but a thread like this needs a link to "What's the Name of that Song" so here is one.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TjX5r37V0Q
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                it does sound vaguely familiar but I can't think of what it is either.
                It sounds like it should be familiar, but a couple of notes are off. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Sounds like Puttin' on the Ritz, but it's not... Gah! Wish I could help. And thanks for the Sesame Street clip, which made me smile. Good idea, putting it on YouTube.

I have the opposite problem; I have a handful of songs where I know the title and, in most cases, artist, but can't find copies anywhere.

Comment

There's a very real chance that it isn't anything, but a short clip created specifically for the device with a high similarity to a couple of well-known songs.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Too true... but less likely if the other songs on the same device are real.

I have a handful of songs where I know the title and, in most cases, artist, but can't find copies anywhere.
                      Just for curiosity's sake...
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm pretty sure it may be a real song, but yeah my memory isn't perfect and I've added in a note or two just fill it in. Plus I've just got the intro, there's more to it, but guitar pro is annoying these days and I didn't feel like going into the whole bridge chorus thing. Maybe I'll whistle it. Does anyone want to see a video me whistling!?

Comment

does google come up with anything when you enter the name of the keyboard?

Edit, I know putting on the ritz has been meantioned and dismissed, but for the life of me I can't remember the words and each time I've come close to the tune I end up with the line "Sweet Georgie Brown", no idea if that song is anything like Ritz, but it's worth a shot.
                          Last edited by Ginger Tea; 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

There are similarities between "Sweet Georgia Brown" and "Puttin On the Ritz," but it's definitely neither.

Comment

Are there multiple versions of SGB? I just listened to it on youtube and it sounds nothing like POTR.

Comment

Working...
                              X