Anyone know this song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know this song?

I think it's recent. Female singer, piano, and a chorus that goes "bah bah bah, bah bah bah". I'm normally able to find the songs on google based on a few lyrics, but when I heard the song, I couldn't make out any of the lyrics except the "bah bah bah".

Might that be Miss Li - Ba Ba Ba?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No, that's not it.

I think this particular singer is more soul/RB. And the "Bah bah bah" is softer, almost sounding like it's in the backround.

Comment

Hmmm.. this has a piano riff & the lyrics you mentioned, but a male singer: Sloan: She's slowing down again

There's also Solange - Sandcastle Disco But from the bit l listened to a piano wasn't apparent.. but I do have dodgy ears

But apart from that, it doesn't sound familiar.

Comment

After hearing the song again, (and listening to the lyrics), I discovered the name of the song, "King Of Anything" by Sara Bareilles.

Wow, I think I'm in love with this song. Not only does it sound nice, but it describes one of my biggest pet peeves, people who try to boss you around with "friendly" advice. I particularly love this line.

"I hate to break it to you babe, but I'm not drowning. There's no one here to save"

Perfect response to those who think they're "saving" you.

Comment

Umm.. I don't recall there being any "Ba"s in that song.

She wrote the song as a way of saying fuck you to the people that tried to tell her how to live her life. She has a habit of doing things like that. Her hit "Love Song" was a way of saying fuck you to her record label that insisted she have a love song on her album.
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post

She wrote the song as a way of saying fuck you to the people that tried to tell her how to live her life. She has a habit of doing things like that. Her hit "Love Song" was a way of saying fuck you to her record label that insisted she have a love song on her album.
              Hah I don't even know who this chick is and I respect her already

Nice to know record lables haven't changed in the last 40 to 50 years in terms of what they think someone should have on their album.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I got confused with the "oh oh oh" chorus in the beginning. For some reason, when I heard it, I thought it was "bah bah bah".

With that said, the song is the nicest way I've ever heard someone tell another person off. That takes skill.

Comment

Bet you feel a little sheepish now.

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                    Hah I don't even know who this chick is and I respect her already

Nice to know record lables haven't changed in the last 40 to 50 years in terms of what they think someone should have on their album.
                    Here are the lyrics for Love Song & King of Anything

As a musician and singer, she's quite talented.

Comment

Her hit "Love Song" was a way of saying fuck you to her record label that insisted she have a love song on her album.
                      I stumbled upon that song by accident a few days before this thread, I was seeing who else covered the cure's lovesong aside from adele (not heard it) and the Snake River Conspirisory dubstepish/goth cover from 2000, which I first encountered on the first Sat of the month goth club that I finally managed to get a day off for (damn my 3 week rota and monthly events)

Comment

So what exactly is "dubstep"? I can't help but imagine hipsters doing irish stepdancing.

Comment

I'm not totally sure myself, I've only heard a few tracks proclaiming themselves to be of the genre, I only say that the Snake cover was dubstepesque as it came out in 2000 and dub step is more 'modern', at first I thought it was a new cover till I found this youtube mp3/photo video stating it's age. Another would be which is actually listed as such and from a webshowcase youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                            So what exactly is "dubstep"?
                            Heavy electronica, with a deep bass and lots of grindy noises. The most popular dubstep artist is Skrillex*. Dubstep purists, of course, roll their eyes and say that Skrillex is mainstream garbage and not dubstep. Deadmau5 (Skrillex's friend and producer) has dipped his toe in the genre a bit as of late.

I don't know much about the genre, since I generally prefer trance, but there ya go.

Comment

Snake River Conspiracy... Oh the things I'd let Tobey Torres do to me

They've got a really good cover of Morrisey's "How Soon is Now" too. They're definitely more Industrial or Electronica than anything, but I can see the Dubstep-ish traits. After all, Dubstep grew out of the music of those genres.

My beef with Dubstep is it's often too repetitive for far too long. They need to resolve the riff and move on to something else. They need to make the "song" grow and progress within itself.
                              Last edited by crashhelmet; 07-05-2012, 09:06 PM. Reason: format

Comment

Working...
                              X