No announcement yet.

Photography Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, is anyone here a crane fan? Remember "Big Blue", the crane that collapsed when working on a new stadium in Milwaukee? One of the videos, that was so instrumental to figuring out what had happened, was filmed by a worker who had finished his tasks, and was just hanging out to see them do a lift. There were a few other videos too, also filmed by locals who had been expecting to see a giant crane do something cool, but got footage of a disaster instead.

Comment

Yes, but in your case, protege, there wasn't a missing person involved, and the family wasn't right there.

Comment

They still haven't found the guy.

Comment

Aww Poor guy, I feel bad for the family. This wasn't even a suicide, this was an accident as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanita View Post
            Aww Poor guy, I feel bad for the family. This wasn't even a suicide, this was an accident as far as I know.
            I feel bad for the family as well. It sounds like an accident but it also sounds like the company has been fined in the past. It also sounds like he left behind one kid and had another on the way.

Comment

I don't think you were wrong since you stayed out of the way of the rescue effort. It's understandable that the family and friends were upset over the situation, but it's really none of their business why you were there taking pictures since you weren't involved in any way.

Comment

I also don't see anything wrong with taking pictures so long as you were out of the way but I can also see how finding an out of the way vantage point where you're away from the family as much as possibly (in distance and also in direction you are shooting the pictures). I'd say the way the family member handled it in asking you to take the pictures from a different location was handled well and the fact that you did move to a different spot and were polite was also handled well.

Comment

Originally posted by Shangri-laschild View Post
                  I also don't see anything wrong with taking pictures so long as you were out of the way but I can also see how finding an out of the way vantage point where you're away from the family as much as possibly (in distance and also in direction you are shooting the pictures). I'd say the way the family member handled it in asking you to take the pictures from a different location was handled well and the fact that you did move to a different spot and were polite was also handled well.
                  My radar should have picked up on something before the guy approached me. I made sure to stay out of the way of the police officers and TV cameras though. And fortunately, the park is big enough that it wasn't a problem.

And I haven't heard any updates. I'm suspecting with the river starting to ice up, they aren't going to find the guy until spring.

Comment

If at all; Rivers can hide their dead a long time. The father of my mom's retired principal was lost while on a fishing trip last summer, and as far as I know, they've never recovered the body.

That said, I don't see anything particularly wrong with how you acted. You weren't trying to catch any ghoulish pics, and were just taking pics of the boats on the water. I'm sure if it looked like they were pulling something out you would have stopped, but nothing was amiss. And as you said, when the member of the family asked you to move, you did so without raising a fuss. Politeness all around.

I'd also try not to let this situation discourage you from further photography. It sounds like something you love to do, and you weren't doing anything wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
                      I'd also try not to let this situation discourage you from further photography. It sounds like something you love to do, and you weren't doing anything wrong.
                      Oh heck no....If some guy accusing me of taking pictures of his girlfriend and eye something him can't stop me...this wont either. I'll just be more cogniscent if there are people around in a situation like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X