headset/headphone advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headset/headphone advice

ok people I have decided to get a decent pair of noise canceling headphones, for the last couple years I've been sticking to cheap ones but I'm tired of them. Here's the thing I am rough on headphones, I trip on the cord, I step on them, The cord gets little breaks in it. So Here's what I want, I want a pair of headphones that surrounds my ears (not earbuds and not the kind that just sits on your ears) that are tough and I mean I step on them and they don't break, I trip on the cord and the computer is pulled along rather than the headphone line breaking I want something that would survive a bomb going off and guaranteed for a few years. I prefer a headset if possible, I actually wouldn't mind wireless but not a necessity.

You're looking at spending a couple hundred on them. I've seen some good ones as low as $100, but anything less than that has been crap.

On the flip side, I have a pair of Sennheiser over the ear / circcumaural headphones that I got on sale from Amazon a few years ago for like $30. I have abused the crap out of them and they're still working great. They have a 10 foot cord and every time I've tripped over it, it's just pulled the cord out of the 3.5mm - 6.3mm adapter

One thing to consider, which is something I'm looking into now, is going with a wireless / bluetooth setup. No wires to trip over.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I am considering wireless, it removes the cord issue and makes transporting them a lot easier.

the issue is only one of the computers that they are for has bluetooth, my tablet does as well but basically for the other computer it adds the cost of a bluetooth adapter.

if I do get a corded pair I think I might take one of my laptop lock cables and bind it to the cord so that if I trip it will pull on it instead.
      Last edited by gremcint; 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

You might want to check out headphones/headsets designed for pilots (especially in general aviation). The cockpit of a piston single can get noisy. Ask at your local flight school for headphone recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          You might want to check out headphones/headsets designed for pilots (especially in general aviation). The cockpit of a piston single can get noisy. Ask at your local flight school for headphone recommendations.
          Plantronics. Both my work and home headsets are Plantronics. Never had a problem with them and I can hear em just fine in the middle of a busy call center. My Logitech headset on the other hand fell apart inside of a few months.

Comment

Working...
          X