Question, somewhat silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question, somewhat silly

An online friend of mine recently said she'd come out as a pansexual genderqueer. I said I supported her, cuz she's a genuinely nice person and I think that if she's happy, then I'm happy cuz she's had a lot of misery in her life and deserves to be at peace.

Thing is, I'm not really au fait with either term. I don't want to bug her asking stupid questions at a time when she's trying to sort her life out; so, could someone here give me a simple definition for each term?
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

pansexual is sort of a broader version of bisexuality. it covers not just male and female, but all other gender orientations as well as potential partners.
    genderqueer is sort of the same thing. it's a non-gender gender that allows one to flow between the male and female ends of the spectrum. bigendered, genderfluid, etc, fall into that catagory.

so basically shi is a non-gendered person who's potential partner "pool" encompasses all genders. the buffet of lifestyles.

used to be on a forum called "What is Gender?". looks like it still exists. might be worth a google.
    Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 04-10-2012, 03:25 AM.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Could only find one for Pan.
      There are so many other sexual orientations out there. Its not a black and white thing.

Comment

Hell.. Id just ask her. Be honest. You just want to know more. If you explain it that you are honestly seeking knowledge she will probably be happy to tell you.

There are many definitions that can be found and not all of them may be accurate or even what she means.

Comment

I just saw a documentary about this very same thing. All started life as girls and identified as gender-queer. Both genders and neither. One was actually going through two out of three steps to transition as a female to male transgender person. Top surgery, check. Male hormones, check. Bottom surgery, not so much.

I've always considered myself bi but now I wonder of pansexual actually fits me better since I can be attracted to gender neutral or transgender people as well.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Thanks, that's really helpful, everyone. ^^

I might ask her some questions once she's a bit more settled.
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Is this why the game Exodus: Ultima III offered a choice between (M)ale, (F)emale, and (O)ther?
              "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Panromantic genderqueer here. No desire to make changes to my body or anything, though. I look like a girl and don't insist on gender-neutral pronouns. But I tend to roleplay as male online and am used to being called "he" by people online, and of course those that know me IRL call me "she". Neither one bothers me. And I say panromantic because I could see myself getting affectionate and romantic with non-males, but I don't necessarily see myself sexually attracted to non-males.

Comment

Working...
                X