No announcement yet.

To Pee Or Not To Pee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few guys at work have been known to call people whilst on the crapper, I have no idea if they are taking a dump or not, they could just do the call in the chainging room.

The ammount of times I've been tempted to say in a loud voice "Oh I really needed this piss, its a pitty I can't go for a shit as that's in use." but the fact that the person on the other end might not know English or be in England (I'm sure we use alot of those long distance calling cards) kinda deflates the temptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppergirl View Post
      I agree with this, but if the person is actually going into the bathroom and wasting time (texting, calling friends, updating facebook), how does one prove they're playing around?
      Have some one standing in the bathroom to listen for sounds of texting/talking?

Itd be a minimum wage job but a jobs a job right?

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post

God it's bad enough when toilet attendants at some nightclubs here almost wash our hands for us, having someone paid to 'spy' on employees when 'taking care of business' is a bit too creepy.

and sods law would have it that they spent most of their time texting too

Comment

A bit extreme, but heck - I'd do it for the money!

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
            As long as someone is not caught doing something else other than using the bathroom, why do people get all adament "I learned to hold it and deal with it!" Well, goody for you.
            Because they need something to pat themselves on the back over.

It's simple, if someone is going to tell me I can't go to the bathroom, I'm either going to a) ignore them and go anyway or b) pee on the floor. I am not going to make myself miserable just because some people abuse their bathroom breaks. It's not fair.

Comment

errr no I don't agree with this at all. It's bad enough when other people are in there and when they leave insist on using the handicapped auto open button which keeps the bathroom door open for at least half a minute, and people in the hallway can hear what's going on. But to have someone deliberately spy on me and listening to what I'm doing? Oh hayell no.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                errr no I don't agree with this at all. It's bad enough when other people are in there and when they leave insist on using the handicapped auto open button which keeps the bathroom door open for at least half a minute, and people in the hallway can hear what's going on. But to have someone deliberately spy on me and listening to what I'm doing? Oh hayell no.
                My comment was total sarcasm.

Doesnt always translate well into text on a screen.. yeah. I wouldnt go for that either.

Comment

My comment was total sarcasm.

Doesnt always translate well into text on a screen.. yeah. I wouldnt go for that either.
                  good then there's hope for you yet lol!

I really do wish people who are capable of pushing or pulling open a door would STOP using the damn handicapped button. Privacy? what privacy? the door hangs open for a long time and the people who insist on congregating by the bathrooms can hear everything.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Where I work, I can just up and go if I want. I do try to pick a quiet time but honestly, I don't care a toss if there's a giant queue of customers... if nature's calling, I'm going to go to the loo. They can wait a couple of minutes til I come back; I can't wait for ten minutes or however long it takes to run thru the queue.

An interesting note; I worked for a while in a charity bookstore after I left college. At the time, the bookstore was short staffed so I volunteered to do all day shifts as I was going stir crazy at home all the time. The boss told me that I would sometimes have to work by myself, as he couldn't be there all the time (there was another store he was running and he split his time between the two) and that I could close the shop for an hour for lunch.

Anyway, while I was there by myself and if nature called, I'd go to the loo, come back and there would ALWAYS be a customer there to whine, "I've been waiting for hours!" Yeah right; it didn't take me hours to pee, so no, you haven't.
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I'm prone to bladder infections, too, there's no way I wouldn't go if I had to go.

Although I do remember my first day of seventh grade--for some reason, I could not figure out where the bathroom was, and I was too scared to ask, so I held it for 7 hours until I got home. That sucked.
                      "And I won't say "Woe is me"/As I disappear into the sea/'Cause I'm in good company/As we're all going together"

Comment

We're supposed to find someone to cover our register if we need to take a pee break. In the same way that it's almost impossible to find a MOD quickly for an actual problem, for some reason whenever this situation arises the only people on the front end who can take over aren't trained on register.

Standard procedure is to have your bagger take over, but I always get stuck with the CWs who are incapable of anything other than bagging (when I have a bagger at all). If you can't get someone to take over, put up your Closed sign...how are we supposed to do that if we don't have a Closed sign? (same story as the customer-use pens, I swear there are only one or two in the whole store among 7 registers)
                        "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Back when I started at Oakleaf, I was hired to do a solo shift on Sundays. My first solo sunday after training, I went to pee, logged my phone properly and the whole 9 yards. I got called into the office on Monday because someone went into the voicemail, and called back to complain Monday morning. I simply told them that I had to go pee, and unless they wanted to have janitorial clean the floor and replace my desk chair, I was going to log off and piss when I needed to. I pointed out that I called the customer back within 5 minutes of their leaving a voice mail, their requirements for service were met in a timely manner and that as far as I was concerned that was the end of the matter. Shut them both up pretty much immediately.

Comment

Working...
                          X