X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice is served!

Good Doggie

Cops adopts dog.

Its rare that I get to see good news, especially about cops so I though I would share this.

That is awesome. I'll bet the poor dog just wanted to play with the kids, but they probably screamed at the sight of a 'vicious pitbull' and ran and he probably figured 'cool we're playing chase!!!' Good doggy.

Comment

Amazing story that warms my heart! It's so nice to read a story about a "vicious dog" that was found to be anything but and was rescued and given a loving home as he deserves Go Officer Dan!

Comment

That poor cop is in danger...of being drowned!! Please, think of the slobber!
        Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
        Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

It warms my heart that this guy saw how sweet this dog really is underneath it all and adopted him because of that.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

I love stories like this.

Bo is a sweetie and probably did think the kids wanted to play; people have been 'conditioned' to think that anything pitbull-looking wants to kill you (well, based on the pitties I've met, being licked to death was a possibility).
            "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Officer Dan,

May you and Bo have many happy years together.
              People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
              If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by Lillfilly View Post
                That is awesome. I'll bet the poor dog just wanted to play with the kids, but they probably screamed at the sight of a 'vicious pitbull' and ran and he probably figured 'cool we're playing chase!!!' Good doggy.
                I'm guessing they ran because an off-leash stray dog was chasing them. Good on the cop for looking into the situation and figuring out what was up. But lets not sugar coat what the situation by saying it was just harmless playing. The dog could have felt threatened or he could simply be chasing because hey, something's running.

It's not about "conditioning" or any such bullshit. If I have a dog chasing me and no visible owner I'm going to be a tad concerned regardless of breed. Do you seriously think a bunch of kids were "conditioned" to specifically run just from anything that looked like a pitbull? I don't think so. I've been chased by a few dogs when I was a kid ( chased down and mauled by 1 ) and I sure as hell didn't sit around long enough to try and ID the breed. An animal near as big as me was chasing me so I was running my ass off.

Dogs didn't have breeds when I was a kid beyond Disney Cerified ( Bulldogs and Dalmations ). Anything else just had sizes and colours. Pitbulls are not distinct enough to be easily recognizable by children. They're not distinct enough to be identified by average adults. =p

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                  Dogs didn't have breeds when I was a kid beyond Disney Cerified ( Bulldogs and Dalmations ). Anything else just had sizes and colours. Pitbulls are not distinct enough to be easily recognizable by children. They're not distinct enough to be identified by average adults. =p
                  Indeed. With apologies for bragging and going off topic, behold my beautiful Violet, a purebred red-nosed Pitbull.

Most people are surprised she's a pitty.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great story. I wish there were more stories like these.

Comment

Violet is beautiful. What a cutie.

Comment

Working...
                      X