Something Quick I Wanted to Share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Quick I Wanted to Share

I'm on an online dating site. I've mentioned that before. I'm not "active" on it at the moment, meaning I don't have a paid subscription, and I don't know if I'll ever buy a subscription to it ever again. Occasionally, I'll log in to my account just to see what's there.

Well, just a few minutes ago, I logged in and looked at a few of the matches it sent me. One of those matches stood out so much that I wanted to share it with someone, and since I don't want my friends and family to know that I look around on a dating site, I can't post it on Facebook, so I'll put a few snippets from this profile here. Enjoy!

The most important thing I am looking for in a person is:
    Music is very important to me. I like a guy that is into music as well. Just a reminder for some people, if your favorite music plays on the radio then you are not in to music. I like guys with goals in life. I admire people who dream big and actually put efforts towards those dreams. I like a slender/toned, artistic kind of guy that would rather paint or play a musical instrument than watch football. I like a kind of guy that will wear make-up, nail polish, a man skirt, or something pink if he wants regardless of the fact that most stupid guys out there consider that "gay" behavior. Perfect hygiene is a must.

The First Thing People Notice About Me Is:

Honestly at first most people tell me I seem mean, distant and strange, but once they are around me more all that changes. I have trust and acceptance issues so when I am first around new people I observe and analyze to gather information from you before I Iet you know anything about me and I think most people take that the wrong way.

.A little more about me:
    I do have a 12 year old child, but she does not live with me full time. my favorite bands are: cinema strange, untoten, soko friedhof, das ich, alien vampires, attrition, switchblade symphony, sopor aeternus, tactical sekt, wynardtage, seelenkrank, noblesse oblige, stillste stund I enjoy learning languages. I studied German for many years. One of my favorite things to do, besides going to concerts, is walk around town taking photographs, but only when it is cloudy outside of course. I do not like warm weather or the sun. I am a bit of a food snob. I don’t think I could be with anyone who eats McDonalds or bologna.

I'll admit, most of this seemed innocuous, but the underlying tone makes me think this woman would be an absolute nightmare to be in a relationship with. I'm picturing someone being like "Oh my God! You're eating a piece of celery that isn't organic! How could you?!?!" or "You actually listen to THAT music? Geez, don't you have ANY culture or sophistication?"

Oh, and the part about wanting her mate to wear man skirts, nail polish, and make-up (bottom of the first italicized paragraph if you just skimmed it)? Uh, yeah, NOT happening. Nothing against guys who are into that, but I'm a man and I like to dress like one, TYVM.

...not to mention you can't enjoy warm sunny days with her. I like how she says "only when it's cloudy of course" as if that's something everyone must figure.

Comment

Gah. I love the hipster music snob right at the top. Stupid twit.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She's done you a favour by being honest about how she's not acceptable to pretty much everyone.

Easy to move on to the next profile.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Ugh, she sounds like an elitist. I've encountered a few of those on various message boards; the types who refuse to listen to anything that could be considered mainstream. She also gives me the impression that she thinks that she's a goth; the whole "only when it's cloudy" and "I hate sunshine" thing reminds me of the "goth kids" who used to roam the town back when I was in college. I always used to despise them, cuz they used to bitch constantly about how alone and isolated they were... when they seemed to spend most of their time within a huge group of friends.

I'd advise the same as everyone else; avoid like hell.
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Play her something by Mr. Bungle!
            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

The bit about the sun makes me think she's a vampire. And the elitist attitude as well. Kinda sounds like a dominant vampire. Which would be cool with me but if you don't like it then don't go there
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Doesn't just sound like an elitest, she sounds like a massive control freak.

Comment

Since I'm not a paying member, I can't contact her, but if I were a member, I still wouldn't. If the disliking the sun and warm days were the only thing there, it wouldn't be that bad. I actually like cloudy days and cool weather---you couldn't pay me enough money to live in Florida or Arizona. It's just that in all the profiles I've looked at, this is the only one that has actually annoyed me just by reading it. As I soaked it in, I just started picturing all the headaches that would ensue from being involved with this person. But, as Raps said, she's giving everyone a heads up.

I really need to get away from these sites, but something always lures me back.

Comment

I hate sunny weather myself. Not just a goth/vampire thing. My tattoo on my chest even says "Carpe Noctem". Hell, I'm a girl and I would never wear make-up. Nail polish every once in a while. I hate skirts. And what the hell is a man skirt anyways?

Comment

I would contact her with the subject "Everyday I'm Shufflin'".

Comment

Originally posted by bex1218 View Post
                        I. I hate skirts. And what the hell is a man skirt anyways?
                        Think and picture your regular everyday female skirt (pleated or not) and put it on a male. Yes I have seen some guy walking down the street wearing one in my town (or was it in the next town south???). Not a really cool sight to behold IMO.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                        The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Or she could be referring to the utilikilt that so many men insist upon inflicting on our eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            I would contact her with the subject "Everyday I'm Shufflin'".
                            Ok, normally I don't buy into the fangirlism, but I have to admit that response is just win. Really like that grade of snark.

...tho, I wonder if anyone with tastes as haughty as hers would even get it?
                            Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                            Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Working...
                            X