I Don't Believe In...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
    But they are. They're saying he's not a homosexual, he's a pedophile. That pedophiles don't care about gender.
    More accurately, it would be "some pedophiles don't care about gender". There have been pedophiles who have molested both little boys and little girls, cuz the gender didn't matter; it was the end result that did, for example, the act of having absolute control over the victim.

You might as well state that all men in prison who commit rape are homosexual, when that's not always the case.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
      You might as well state that all men in prison who commit rape are homosexual, when that's not always the case.
      Again, that would come down to whether they're sexually attracted to their victim or if it's an act of dominance.

There are pedophiles that rape and/or molest children as punishment or simply out of mental issues possibly caused by being a victim when they were younger.

When it comes to sexual gratification, there pretty much needs to be sexual attraction. Psycho/Sociopaths not withstanding.
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

It's not the labeling that is bad, it's when people use the labels in a lazy fashion.

Labeling is a form of generalization; it's been suggested that generalization is what sets sapient creatures apart from non-sapient creatures. A sapient creature can make labels that help them deal with novel situations - is this similar to something I've experienced before? A non-sapient creature cannot generalize - every new experience is either exactly the same as something they've done before, or it's completely different. It's impossible for them to recognize partial similarities. (And yes, even this statement is slightly over-generalized, but it's good enough for lay work)

Comment

When it comes to sexual gratification, there pretty much needs to be sexual attraction. Psycho/Sociopaths not withstanding.
          No argument, but people who go on about a molester being heterosexual or homosexual are missing the point. The molester isn't turned on by the maleness or femaleness of the victim, the molester is turned on by the youngness of the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
            No argument, but people who go on about a molester being heterosexual or homosexual are missing the point. The molester isn't turned on by the maleness or femaleness of the victim, the molester is turned on by the youngness of the victim.
            That's too blanket for me to accept. The possibilities are still there for gender to be a factor.
            Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

That's too blanket for me to accept. The possibilities are still there for gender to be a factor.
              While the possibility exists, it's completely irrelevant unless you're involved in the case.

Even so, it's still not the labels that are responsible for their misuse and abuse by either the lazy or the bigoted and those who would seek to take advantage of those traits.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                The only problem with the way sexuality is presented in modern society is that it's presented as a "three-position switch" - Straight, gay, or bi. It's actually a very broad radial range, like a clock - at "3-o-clock" you have straight, "9-o-clock" is gay, "6-o-clock" is bisexual/pansexual, and "midnight" is asexual. There's everything under the sun, and quite a few things that aren't even represented on that clock chart.
                I'd say it's more like a colour wheel stretched out into a rectangle. Left side is gay, right side is straight, halfway across is bi/pan. Top of the page (grey on a colour wheel) is asexual (but once you get slightly down to "minimal interest" instead of "no interest", you can be anywhere from 100% grey to 100% straight on the rare times you are interested), bottom of the page (saturated colour) is extremely high sex drive.

Comment

Working...
                X