Might commit Puppycide by the end of the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might commit Puppycide by the end of the weekend

I thought about posting this at CS, but I'm in a really bad mood right now and realized it might be a little much.

BFF is out of town for the weekend, so we have their dogs at our house. We'll call them MommyDog and Puppy (although Puppy is over a year old now). MommyDog is the sweetest dog you will ever meet. Calm, quiet, and cuddly. She's more than happy to be lounging on my couch all day. MommyDog is also in heat.

Puppy is an obnoxious brat. And that's being kind. He's also not neutered, so we have to keep him and MommyDog separated. Can't have little inbred puppies, now can we? So MommyDog spent last night in the kitchen with our two dogs. To keep Puppy from harassing her (and to keep my dog from deciding o-dark-thirty is a great time to play), Puppy got locked in our guest bathroom. He barked, whined, and cried. All. Freaking. Night. I was *this* close to putting him in the carrier and shoving him in my car for the night (it's cool enough now).

I know he's used to sleeping in bed with someone. Well, whoop-de-do, so is MommyDog and she's being pretty chill about it. Besides, we don't let our own dogs sleep in bed with us, so why would we let an obnoxious guest dog do it? Thank goodness we only have them one more night, but if I have to teach my Sunday School class on as little sleep as I got last night, I might string someone's kid up by their toenails.

I hope you're planning on having words with the owners of the dogs regarding their behavior. Did you know the female was going to be in heat? That seems incredibly irresponsible of a pet owner, to leave someone else in charge of their dog at a time when she could become pregnant...especially with another dog that COULD get her pregnant. Why aren't they spayed/neutered?

Comment

Oh, god, the irritation of dog-sitting ill-mannered dogs. >_<

I made my brother pay me $150 to watch his dogs for a month, plus expenses for food, and he has to clean up after them every weekend.

He trains his dogs for shit. And he doesn't play with them enough. And they need more toys. I've gotten them to respond to both my voice and the sound of a rattling envelope as deterrents for barking. Don't ask me why it works, but they respond well enough that they'll even stop barking at the mail carrier while he's still right in front of our gate.

But they've got to be out by Halloween. They're just too disruptive and we're not getting enough sleep.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by MaggieTheCat View Post
        I hope you're planning on having words with the owners of the dogs regarding their behavior. Did you know the female was going to be in heat? That seems incredibly irresponsible of a pet owner, to leave someone else in charge of their dog at a time when she could become pregnant...especially with another dog that COULD get her pregnant. Why aren't they spayed/neutered?
        This trip was an emergency. So yes, they knew MommyDog was in heat, but there wasn't much they could do about it. They are planning to breed MommyDog next week. As for Puppy, I have no idea why he's not neutered. He might be less of a PITA if he was. My neighbor called me today to let me know Puppy had wiggled out under the fence and her kids had him on their porch. I was less than amused.

Comment

Working...
        X