Sucky neighbor is sucky.... and abusive. *Long*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky neighbor is sucky.... and abusive. *Long*

Due to some parts of this being.... sensitive, I decided to post this here instead of CS.

A long time ago, I posted this thread about my old bat of a neighbor. See here: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=65252

Well since then, here is some of the suck we had to tolerate from her. Sadly my mom is the one who was on the receiving end of most of this, as she makes sure she does it when no one else is around (That changed recently).

SOL: Sucky old lady (Who is black. This is important).

1. Mid-day, outside temps in the 90's. SOL bangs on our front door. She complains that our A/C unit is keeping the kids she babysits from falling asleep, and to turn it off RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

Mom tells her simply, "hell no." SOL says "Turn it off or I'll turn it off for you!"

Mom tells her that if she does anything she'll file a lawsuit big enough to cover the cost of a new A/C. SOL backs off.

---

2. My mom was outside talking to her friend on the phone, and mentioned to said friend that I told her if I had financial means to do so, I would move to a nearby affluent town where the crime rate is so low, that the local cops' biggest activity is doing paperwork and the occasional speeding ticket. I must also note that this town, according to the latest sensus, is basically 98% white (Hey they said it, not me).

SOL hears this (more like evesdropping), and starts tirading:

"You racist white trash! You only would want to move to (affluent town) because you don't like being around black people, you racist white trash!"

As my mom bailed towards the front door, she fired back and said, "I don't mind being around black people. I just don't like being around YOU!" as she closed the door.

---

3. My mom caught SOL feeding the cuban ducks outside. That is against local ordinances for various reasons, and my mom called code enforcement on her when she saw her doing it.

I was in my office, my parents were outside on the front porch. SOL storms at them and again spews her venom:

"You jews have no right calling code enforcement on me for feeding the ducks. I'm going to sue you for harassment blargle blargle bla bla!"

My dad tells her, "That's real nice coming from a supposed devout christian."

SOL actually says, "I can talk to you any way I want, you're jews. You don't belong here!"

My parents went in the house, and thought it was over until they saw a cop car outside!

My parents greeted the nice officer - who was black - and informed him what happened and what she said. He told SOL that my parents have a legal right to call code enforcement for her doing something against town ordinances, especially if it effects one's quality of life (The ducks shit all over the place and the HOA insists on you cleaning it up if it goes on your driveway).

She actually said this to the officer: "Sir, do you notice what color of skin you have?! Why are you sticking up for these people, that's unfair!"

The officer told her race has nothing to do with it, and for her to stay on her side and us to stay on our side.

---

4. My mom was out gardening one day, and SOL actually started yelling "white trash! Move the hell out white trash! You don't belong here!"

Mom just ignored her for the most part, then as she went inside she shouted out "And you're a voodoo lady!"

---

5. She put a crucifix on the sill of her bedroom window. Seems innocent enough, right? My parents overheard her telling her son who was visiting, "I'm doing this to mess with those white trash jews."

And this is supposedly a hard core christian.

My mom countered by putting a star of david on her window sill and sticking a whole bunch of mini menorahs on the window.

---

What caused SOL's rage towards us? Well, SOL told my mom a day after moving in: We "stole" the house from her best friend, and she'll never forgive us (That, and she's clearly an anti-semite). Turns out, we found out from our other, much nicer neighbors that SOL's best friend lowballed the seller and offered 40% of the asking price "because it needed work." My dad told a neighbor, "That's like someone offering the owner of a classic car 40% of the asking price just because it needs a new radiator." My parents offered close to the asking price and we got the house instead (duh!), and obviously did the needed fixes.

Oh, and that babysitting business SOL runs out of her house? HOA rules state you can't run a for-profit business out of your home. We can rat her out at any time, but my parents are concerned about having our tires slashed or worse.
    AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
    Oh, and that babysitting business SOL runs out of her house? HOA rules state you can't run a for-profit business out of your home. We can rat her out at any time, but my parents are concerned about having our tires slashed or worse.
    I'd be less concerned about the HOA, and more concerned about state laws, check them out, around here you cannot watch any more than 2-3 children without being a licensed day care provider. Being licensed* includes 40-80 hours of classes, paperwork, home inspections, etc. and the fines for running one without a license , you don't want to know, the fines stack up PER CHILD, and per offense(as in safety issues in the house, not having current CPR/first aid training)

*lower income/unemployed people can apply for the classes to be totally or mostly paid for, as it's considered a great way to get back on one's feet until you can find something in your field, if your up for the challenge.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

You can't even run an online based business out of your home? dumb. As for that neighbor she is just a vicious old bitch who doesn't have a life. I wouldn't want her watching MY kids.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This sort of thing is so much more fun on TV than in real life...
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

So in one instance she's mad at your family for wanting to move, then later insists you move out? Ow, my brain!

Comment

Working...
          X