Headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

So, I want to get a new pair of headphones.

I wanted to get the Beats Solo HD, because I can get those fairly cheaply at the moment (pretty much I can get them for $120)

They also listen to music, and make phone calls, and they're not on batteries.

My friend, who I trust on music things, advised me not to, because they're not as good as everyone said.

ALright, I figured... Okay, that's good advice. I asked him if there was anything better that he suggested that met my needs (on-ear headphones, not bluetooth, play pretty music and make phone calls)

He said there was not, but also not to get them, because they have overdriven bass frequencies.

...So if there isn't a better option, in my price range, that meets all of my needs.

Why should I not get them? I feel like I'm missing something important
    "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
    ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

If you were looking at getting Beats, go with:

JBL J55i on ear

or

J33i in ear

We sell those at work, they are 1/2 - 2/3 the price of Beats and sound a ton better (especially the on ear)

Comment

Not as helpful as the answer above, but taking the question more generally: it might be that a product is bad enough that adjusting your requirements is better than putting up with its awfulness.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Yeah, I've heard nothing but terrible things about the Beats by Dre line.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
          I asked him if there was anything better that he suggested that met my needs (on-ear headphones, not bluetooth, play pretty music and make phone calls)

He said there was not
          he was wrong
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

i've heard sennhauser (spelling may be wrong) are decent, and are priced in the 50-100$ range, at least the ones we have at work. i can't open them up and demo them but customers have commented on good sound quality. may be worth a google.
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Working...
            X