No announcement yet.

My therapist and Asperger's and eating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of you talk about not letting your food touch. I've always been of the mindset that "it all goes to the same place anyway" and will intentionally mix it up.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      It's also worth noting that I walk funny. That is, when I walk, I take odd steps to avoid stepping on lines or cracks. And if it's unavoidable, I make sure that both my left and right foot step on the same amount each.

^-.-^
      omg I'm not the only one that does this?? YAY.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
        I used to tell them if they really stood by that statement, they'll be willing to take each course of dinner, salad/soup, entre, and dessert, put it in a blender, and drink the contents.
        Interesting you mention that. I've heard of something done in the U.S. prison system as punishment for violation of jail rules. Since they can't put a prisoner on bread and water (illegal - not providing complete nutrition), they get "nutri-loaf" - basically taking the standard meal, running it through a blender, and baking it into loaf form.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
          Interesting you mention that. I've heard of something done in the U.S. prison system as punishment for violation of jail rules. Since they can't put a prisoner on bread and water (illegal - not providing complete nutrition), they get "nutri-loaf" - basically taking the standard meal, running it through a blender, and baking it into loaf form.
          I've heard of that, although strangely enough it sounds a lot like my aunt's recipe for Christmas Fruitcake which our dogs don't even eat.

Comment

My "food should not touch" twitch is less "omg I'll taste them at the same time" and more along the lines in that I prefer to be able to ration out how much of each thing I'm eating separately.

For example when eating Chinese food, my boyfriend will just dump all his food together, mix it up, and eat. I eat in a pattern - a bite of the meat, a bite of the rice, a sip of the drink, a bite of the side dish, a bite of the rice, then back to the beginning. If it's all mixed up I can't ration out like that.

Now if it's soup I do it to a lesser degree. If I'm eating corn chowda I try to ration out so that I'll have the same amount of corn/potatoes etc in each bite and plenty of chowda to go along with each bite.

Comment

Originally posted by AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              For example when eating Chinese food, my boyfriend will just dump all his food together, mix it up, and eat. I eat in a pattern - a bite of the meat, a bite of the rice, a sip of the drink, a bite of the side dish, a bite of the rice, then back to the beginning. If it's all mixed up I can't ration out like that.
              Funny you should mention Chinese food. That is one of the foods I do eat together. General Tso's Chicken tastes so much better when fried rice is on it.

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                Huh. Not just me.

Rapscallion
                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

For me, for a lot of things it doesn't matter. But, for example, lima beans are soupy. I don't want the extra liquid making my mashed potatoes runny or my bread soggy. And of course, as mentioned in another thread, ice cream and spaghetti don't belong together.
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
                    I do this to some extent, mostly when I'm stressed.

With food I don't mind it being a bit mixed but textures can put me off. I was eating dinner the other day and the potatoes were very floury I had one bite and just couldn't eat the rest.

I've never been good with food partly due to illness when I was younger and I've improved over the year but I'm still picky about what I like.

Comment

Working...
                    X