Underground cat fights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground cat fights?

I just thought of somethng... There are dog fights, cock fight, even human fights, but is there an underground cat fighting crowd? Could such a thing even be possible?

Cats are too contradictory, and fighting isn't really in their nature. They can't be trained to be aggressive in the same way that dogs can. If you put two cats in an arena, odds are good that they'll go to opposite corners and glare and hiss at each other.

But the real deal-breaker is that cats aren't really equipped to kill each other. Cat fights tend to involve a lot of shallow injuries, so a "winner" and "loser" isn't so easy to determine.

Comment

Scene from Cheers
      2 girls (Ted Danson's 2 bits on the side?) get into a fight
      Woody "Cat fight, cat fight!"
      Girl "bla bla bla or I'll call you a dirty name."
      Woody "Kitten fight, kitten fight." goes back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by violiav View Post
        Could such a thing even be possible?
        I think the closest thing would be Foxy Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
          Cats are too contradictory, and fighting isn't really in their nature. They can't be trained to be aggressive in the same way that dogs can. If you put two cats in an arena, odds are good that they'll go to opposite corners and glare and hiss at each other.

But the real deal-breaker is that cats aren't really equipped to kill each other. Cat fights tend to involve a lot of shallow injuries, so a "winner" and "loser" isn't so easy to determine.
          And here I was thinking the most likely scenario would be they'd go opposite sides, curl up and take a nap.

Comment

There's also the fact that if you tried, it's more likely the cat would attack the one trying to make it fight.

Comment

I'm now reminded of the "cat vs. commoner" scenario from 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons. Farmer Bill never saw it coming…
              "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I've not heard of cat fighting but I've witnessed a few bouts of cat juggling...
                It was terrible cats were going every which way.... Oh the hugh manatees......;(
                Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Have you ever tried to make a cat do anything it truly didn't want to do?

Fighting dogs were supposedly bred with gentleness and obedience towards humans so they wouldn't shred their handlers, but cats seem to run 2 ways....either so contrary the idiot trying to force this need stitches, or so gentle that no amount of coercion would get a hostile response, merely panicked fleeing.

Also, dogs trained to fight are trained to bite, hold, not let go until instructed by handlers. Ever watched cats fight? Yes, sometimes they tear each other up, but more often it's a dominance display with noise and puffing up and the loser hauls ass with very little actual damage done. The winner doesn't attempt to hold, nor pursue typically. They want the interloper gone/away from them, period.
                  Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                  Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Oh I dunno....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJQvswrSPg

Comment

That was hilarious -- thanks for posting the link!

The thing is, dogs are pack animals so they are wired to obey the alpha -- they can be trained to do what the alpha wants, including attack other dogs on command.

Cats are not pack animals and are wired more to tell anyone trying to be an alpha to f*** off.

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                      And here I was thinking the most likely scenario would be they'd go opposite sides, curl up and take a nap.
                      Or start grooming each other. And wouldn't that just wreck the betting pool??

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
                      There's also the fact that if you tried, it's more likely the cat would attack the one trying to make it fight.
                      That too is an option. It would certainly be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X