E-Cigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Cigs

Any smokers tried them yet? I tried my first yesterday and I'm undecided. I'm a menthol cig smoker, so I tried the menthol flavoring. I bought a good brand too (Blu) and it didn't feel or taste much like a cig to me.

My mother and aunt were doing the e-cig thing, but they lost theirs so they went back to regular.

They're old enough that they don't really care if they quit or not.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Did they express an opinion about them before they lost them?

It's an odd sensation - after I smoke it I *Feel* as though I've smoked (nicotine), but it doesnt feel like a cig. I guess that's the whole point.

Not sure if I'm going to pony up for the recharagbles or not. Still thinking.

Comment

I have a rechargable e-cig, and I kinda like it - I mostly fill it with a tobacco-taste fluid mix (or mix my own tobacco + fruit blend) so the taste is ok. However, the "steam" tends to make my mouth and throat dry, so I haven't given up totally on the "analougue" cigarettes yet, but I do smoke consideribly less than before I got my e-cig.

Comment

I have a Blu system that I use at least a couple of days a week. It doesn't quite feel like a "real" cigarette, but it gets me through 12 hour shifts at clinicals just fine, although I do smoke "real" ones too at the moment. I like that I get the nicotine without the smell and can be satisfied with just a few drags, whereas with an actual cigarette it feels like a waste to toss it after 2-3 drags and I end up smoking more.

I look at it like drinking a diet soda vs a regular soda. Neither are actually good for me, but one is a lot worse than the other.

Comment

*waves hand* I'm back on my e cig. It's from SmokeTip and I'm using different flavored nicotine juice in them. The nicotine level is lower than a real cigarette. They take some getting used to but once you have cut way down on smoking like I have it seems a lot better. And yes they do make your mouth dry so having water around is a good idea.

It's been a lifesaver when I couldn't smoke in the past. And now I'm using it to satisfy the hand to mouth routine and throat hit of smoking.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

My hubby got a new e-cig unit for Christmas after having gone back to smoking those little, fruit-flavored cigars. He's tried to quit a few times, but keeps going back to smoking. He likes the different flavors of the e-cig juice, and he feels that he's taking in less nicotine with the e-cigs, so he prefers them to cigarettes or cigars. So far, he seems to be spending less on e-cig juice than his was on cigarettes.

I like it because the house doesn't smell of tobacco smoke.
              "The future is always born in pain... If we are wise what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world." --G'Kar, "Babylon 5"

Comment

The lack of smoke is a massive plus. Not only do things not stink, but the smoke is the vast majority of carcinogenic material that makes smoking such a potential hazard.

It's unfortunate that I have a sensitivity to nicotine, so my mother using an e-cig is only very slightly less annoying to me than her smoking a cigarette.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I find it curious that e-cigs dry out mouths for some people - not for me personally. I mean, you're inhaling basically water vapor with some additives. I'd think smoking a real cigarette smoke would do more for drying the mouth than an e-cig.

Not saying that it doesn't dry your mouth out, or anything, just that I find it interesting.

Comment

The binding agent in the e-sig is hygroscopic and when vaporized can coat your throat and make it feel sticky.

Comment

Working...
                    X