How to know its time for a vacation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know its time for a vacation!

How to tell you need a vacation: Laid down to take a nap, while taking a nap have a messed up dream.
    In the dream I am at work, and I am on a delivery and for some reason I am driving a bus on my delivery. A bus that has bad breaks that barely work and of course lots of hills. It must be a church bus because thats where I end up after looking for the church for about 3 hours. They didnt give an address I just had to drive around until I was waved down. The lady ends up telling me I was early and Id have to wait around for a ride home. The lady paid with a check (we dont take checks) but damed if I was going to waste all that time for the delivery for... one sandwich a bag of chips and a 2 liter. So after awhile this redneck mechanic shows up and take me back to the shop in the bus.
    After getting back to work the Manager asks me why I took the run so early to which I reply 'no one told me it was a timed order'. Which in my dream was true.

So far, that was the only delivery of the day, but I really had to go to the bathroom. So I go back to the bathroom only to discover that the bathrooms are now bigger than our entire shop and parking lot, but also full of people just playing around. This pisses me off because I had that shitty run with no tip in the bus deathtrap and one sandwich. So I start yelling at people to get the hell out. Many are kids so they dont budge they just laugh. I then start physically picking up and taking the kids out of the bathroom and dumping them in the lobby. After the first few they get the idea and start clearing out. One of the 'kids' I literally pick up with one arm and carry out the door was wiggling and complaining a whole lot. After I put him down I realized it was just a really short man, he kept complaining after I put him down but I just turned and walked back to the bathroom. Shortly after that (keep in mind we dont even HAVE a public restroom) I heard a woman yell "Honey that man is as big as our backyard he will squash you!"

Apparently this was the short man's wife and he was walking back and it looked like he wanted to fight. I still had to pee really bad at this point and had no real desire to squash him. When he got close to me he put his arms up like and old timey boxer, I then picked him up by his collar and carried him back out to his wife and walked back into the bathroom.. at that point I woke up from that strange ass dream remembering how pissed off I was because I would probably be the one to clean the bathroom after all that mess.

Oh, man, I hate waking up pissed off at something stupid that happened in a dream. I actually make a point of going back to sleep to dream something less irritating.

But, yeah, I can see how you might think you need a little time away from the workplace.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yup, sounds like vacation time!

I get the bathroom issues dreams when I need to pee while I am asleep. Annoying stuff like I am somewhere like a museum or mall, and I can't find the bathroom at all, or if I do find one it is occupied, or if I find an unoccupied one something is wrong with it. I occasionally get them where I am visiting someones house and a party is going on, and I can't make the bathroom private - there is a door that doesn't lock or even close properly, or windows that can't be blocked, stuff like that.

Even when I was still working I didn't get job dreams, so I suppose that was a good thing, and when I was in school I didn't get naked dreams, just locker dreams [cant remember combination to the lock, lost the locker, or couldn't remember class schedule.]

Comment

Ugh.

I used to repeatedly dream that there was a drive-thru line formed around "home" and just telling people the obvious, that this was a residence and not a McDonald's, wasn't an option: they had to be served somehow. "Home" in quotation marks because the house varied: Mom's, or Dad's, or Grandma's... I remember in one of them the paper overlays for the registers that had the keys printed on them were torn so each key was separated, all mixed up in the big bowl we used for popcorn, and having to ring people up by finding the right key and pressing it even though it was just a scrap of paper...
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X