Foolish Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foolish Decisions

You know how everyone has a right to make their own decisions and spend their money how they like, but sometimes it just leaves you shaking your head? This is one of those stories.

Husband's friends Clark and Lois spent around $800,000 building a house (in a market where less than half that would have bought them a perfectly grand house).

So now this house is complete and it's moving time. Clark has asked his friends, us included, to help them move, because I guess after spending most of a million on a house, they have none leftover to hire movers for a couple hundred. Husband planned to go (5 hours from where we live now) and help, and that night Clark and friends would play RPGs and have fun after working all day.

Clark just e-mailed that Lois made the comment, "If your friends come and don't help move and just play stupid games until 3 am, I'm going to be pissed."

Yeah, because your husband's friends....who all have families and BETTER THINGS TO DO...are helping you move (Husband and another friend are each driving 4-5 hours for this)...so the best thing to do is insult them. I actually have no idea why Clark shared this with his friends, because if my wife behaved like that I wouldn't want anyone to know.

My son and I are going to Husband's hometown with him to stay with the in-laws while he does the moving. I thought about offering to come help too, but I have better things to do. Like go to aqua-zumba with my mother-in-law and play with the barn cats. Also I don't think I could be civil to Lois, and I am not really supposed to know any of this anyway...
    Last edited by anakhouri; 02-20-2013, 07:44 PM.

Here I so desperately want to make an insightful comment, yet "gah!" covers it well...

Are they always rude and inconsiderate to people helping them? If so, how do you become friends with such people, and why stay that way?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

All these guys have been friends since childhood. Clark is a good guy, and he married Lois, so they have to put up with her or risk losing Clark (although she rarely 'allows' him to do anything with the guys, so I'm not sure what more they would be missing).

I really just don't understand why Clark told them about this comment prior to their coming to help. According to Husband he rarely complains about Lois so when he does, it's usually because some straw broke his back. I guess this was one of those times but I think it would have been more prudent to keep his mouth shut.

The entire saga of this house and its building and their various unwise decisions involving it could fill a book...suffice to say it was underwater as soon as it was completed, and all decisions regarding the house (including bad ones) are pretty much Lois', since Clark refuses to stand up to her.

Comment

Ah, the picture is much clearer now.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I can't stand women like Lois, but I always find more fault with the man who tolerates that nonsense than the actual bossy, controlling woman.

I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
          X