For americans who have had medical treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For americans who have had medical treatment

So my dad is int he hospital and we just got the bill. Now we're in ontario so everything but the ambulance ride was covered but it listed the price that an mri, 4 cat scans, elektrocardiograms and a couple other things cost. before I list prices on these I was curious if someone who's had an mri or whatever in the states could tell me how much they were billed for.

I'm not exactly sure how much it costs since it was back when my dad was forced to cover all my health expenses, but I'd wager it'd cost a couple thousand for a MRI.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

just over 2 years ago I went to the ER for a kidney stone attack. They did a couple of CAT scans. The prognosis was an unpassable stone.

Total cost $5000 with the CAT scans coming in at around $2000.
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

My MRI's cost about $1500 to $2000 each. Of that I paid about three hundred dollars with insurance covering the rest. I had a recent electrocardiogram as well...I believe that was around the $800 dollar range but because I went into the emergency room, I only had my ER copay of $150.

Comment

and I forgot to add the $850 that it cost me for some Radiologiest to actually look at the CAT scans.
          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

I forget the exact amounts but the total bill was a little under 500 including the ambulance ride of 45 dollars.

the four cat scans total were 230 and change
            I forget the rest but there was a charge in the 23 range and a couple 10 dollar ones and a 76 dollar one. I think the mri was the 23 dollar one.

Comment

I have an HSA, so anything that is not considered preventive, I have to pay at 100% until I reach my deductible.

I know, it's bullshit.

Comment

Working...
              X