Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally coming to terms with something...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally coming to terms with something...

In the past six months or so I've been finally coming to terms with something about myself. I've managed to tell 4 people so far, but I certainly haven't come out in any large scale, so I figure the safe anonymity of the internet with people I've basically known for a long time is a pretty good next step. Treading water, as you will, I suppose.

I am bisexual.

I've basically known since puberty, but I've been in fierce denial thanks to my conservative upbringing and my religious influences and all that. I've finally managed to come to terms with it with myself, but it's so difficult to tell other people I almost convinced myself not to....

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Thanks for listening, friends

As hard it is to come out. You are who you are. This and CS are probably one of the most accepting sites I have been on. Great place to start.

Comment

Just be who and what you are. I do have one bit of advice; maybe you already have this notion, but I feel it needs to be said: it is entirely your decision who you tell, when, and how.

If anybody urges you to be out to everybody, because "I am, and it feels so good, and it was so easy..."-- or whatever they say-- no. If you know people who'll be supportive, or who you think need to know, tell them. If some people might not respond well, or simply don't need to know that personal detail (I, myself, don't tend to wear my sexual orientation on my sleeve) there's no requirement to tell them.

Comment

congratulations and good luck

Comment

Not sure whether this is good, bad, or indifferent, but I was sure you'd already done this here long ago.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            Not sure whether this is good, bad, or indifferent, but I was sure you'd already done this here long ago.
            Indifferent, I'd say I had not, though I had told one other person on this board several months ago in private, when I was first coming to terms with it. Unless I got just hammered one night and posted a topic about it and forgot. That sounds like me >_>

I'm not entirely sure what I was looking for when I made this post...just wanted to get it off my chest, I suppose.

Comment

You're still you. It doesn't matter to me if you like men, women, or both. What matters to me is how you treat those around you.

Comment

congrats on coming out and yeah, baby steps are a great way to start coming out.
                as to the telling other people, my hubs gave me the best advice. "why does it matter if they know?" don't feel like you have to rush coming out to your family, since it's not really their business anyway who you are sleeping with. if you meet a partner and want to introduce them to your family, it might be good to give them a heads up on your partner's gender, but how they react is not your fault or responsibility.
                All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Baby steps Jaden. Be true to yourself always.

Comment

None of us are going to judge you, hun.

Comment

I don't see why anyone would knock it. Bisexuality is mathematically superior. You have twice the options of anyone else. You have evolved beyond our petty binary concerns.

I, meanwhile, am still burdened with a fight or flight response when opposing weiners enter my personal space.

Comment

I feel bad for any opposing weiner who winds up at the business end of the "fight" response >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                          I feel bad for any opposing weiner who winds up at the business end of the "fight" response >_>
                          There will be much slapping and shrieking like a little girl. Followed by crying in the shower. Then possibly the purchase and dressing up of a sex doll. Not to actually have sex with, but just to pose on the couch as an insecure monument to my crumbling sexual identity. Then after fussing with the colour scheme of her cloths for 3 or 4 hours, a round of spirited denial in the mirror and crying myself to sleep.

...what was the topic again?

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                            There will be much slapping and shrieking like a little girl. Followed by crying in the shower. Then possibly the purchase and dressing up of a sex doll. Not to actually have sex with, but just to pose on the couch as an insecure monument to my crumbling sexual identity. Then after fussing with the colour scheme of her cloths for 3 or 4 hours, a round of spirited denial in the mirror and crying myself to sleep.

...what was the topic again?
                            LOL god I love you sometimes you're so brilliant Anyway CONGRATS Jaden. I wrestled with this years ago and came to terms with it and now saying I'm bi doesn't bother me at all, and that will happen for you some day really it will. I have other things that I struggle coming out with but that's another story
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I totally judge you.

You should have come out sooner
                              Jack Faire
                              Friend
                              Father
                              Smartass

Comment

Working...
                              X