No announcement yet.

Wear "color" to support Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although it was a one off comment that became a running joke (least I'm sure it was listed as such) I wonder what pink camo pant's day would represent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
      I wonder what pink camo pant's day would represent.
      Nunavut Day!

I don't like this whole "wear X color to support Y group" nonsense; it can cause an awful lot of problems. What, you think I'm supporting the Bloods / the Communists / the Republicans because I'm wearing a red T-shirt? No, I just happen to be wearing that plain red T-shirt. I wear whatever I pull out of the wardrobe that morning. Get a life.
      People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
      If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

It's not a red tshirt, it's a white Tshirt covered in the blood of the last person to ask me why I was wearing white after Labour day (UK citizen no idea what the deal is here)

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
          It's not a red tshirt, it's a white Tshirt covered in the blood of the last person to ask me why I was wearing white after Labour day (UK citizen no idea what the deal is here)
          It's an old etiquette thing. White is a "summer" color so you don't wear it before Memorial Day or after Labor Day.

Except Easter. But Easter and Weddings are exceptions.

It's mostly meant for like all white outfits (like shorts, skirts, dresses) and really isn't followed all that much.
          I has a blog!

Comment

This topic reminds me of the Facebook push to "change your avatar to a cartoon character to show you're against child abuse", which annoyed me cuz a) what good will changing your avatar do to stop child abusers? and b) every decent person is against child abuse, so are you going to hate on those who still have their original avatar?
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I've never changed my facebook pic. It's been the same since 2009. I like it because it gives you a good idea of what I look like while still being slightly anonymous (I'm wearing a hat and sunglasses) and it was taken at Disney World.

Every time I see one of those change your picture things (most recently the red equal sign) I've felt like the 60's-Spiderman-at-his-desk meme. "Everyone's changing their picture to support a cause, and I'm just sitting here with the same pic I've had for four years." Except that won't fit comfortably on a screencap.
              "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
              We are contented, because he says we are
              He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                This topic reminds me of the Facebook push to "change your avatar to a cartoon character to show you're against child abuse",
                So if you used Pepi Le Pew (I'm sure you're familiar with his take on consent) as your avatar you're OK, but if you use a non-cartoon you're not? I've also heard about an "adult" cartoon character named "Chester the Molester" - how about someone using HIM as their avatar to show they're against child abuse?

Comment

I think that this cartoon character would be the most fitting, if you really want to be facetious. XD
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                  X