Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.

Okay, so I had this posted over at CS but they asked me to move it over here. So here goes.

While this is not normally something that I would share with everyone, I've reached the point I need some help.

Three years ago, my son was molested by my girlfriends son, JU, while we were living in Arkansas. We all, including JU, moved back to North Carolina. We did not find out about this until this year until JU moved away. I went though the proper channels and interviews were done with my son and JU. Despite Arkansas State Police informing me they believed the molestation happened, they would not be pressing charges because neither we or JU live in Arkansas any longer.

From talking to friends and family, I have learned that JU's first victim was his own sister when he was 12. His latest victim was a 9 year old boy last year. JU is 23. I have started a petition on Change.org. I don't know if it will do any good or not, but at least it will let them know that I'm not going away that easily. He will not stop offending if police continue to do nothing. So if you've got a second, will you sign for me?

http://www.change.org/petitions/hot-..._source=guides
    Last edited by Ree; 04-25-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: Fixed broken link

link isn't working, for me at least :/
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
      link isn't working, for me at least :/
      Same here.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

looks like the link was C+P from the truncated original wherever it was on CS.com a timely reminder to check all links work after posting.

Comment

Link is fixed.
          Thank you to those who reported the broken link so something could actually be done about it, rather than posting within the thread where the mods could miss it.
          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

I'm sorry about the broken link. My son finally was able to start therapy and I hadn't been back on since I posted it. Thanks to Ree for fixing it.

Comment

Honestly, it never occurred to me that a mod, rather than the OP, would know what the correct URL would be.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I took a wild guess that the original on CS might be still up or in a hidden archive somewhere, it did look like it was C+P directly from the screen not the edit post box.

now to go to said link ...

Comment

I signed the petition.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                    Honestly, it never occurred to me that a mod, rather than the OP, would know what the correct URL would be.
                    ditto, sorry about that.
                    signeded now
                    Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 04-26-2013, 09:59 PM.
                    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Is this something open, or only people in the USA can sign?

Comment

This is completely open. I've had a couple friends of mine from AU sign it. And thanks to everyone for signing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                          We are surprisingly resourceful.
                          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Working...
                          X