Bk's "Word association" ad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bk's "Word association" ad.

Ok..when you think of bacon, who in their right mind would think 'Cheddar'? When you think "Cheddar" who would think 'stuffed'? As for stuffed, who would think 'burger'.

interesting logic.

And here's my associations for each of those words:

Bacon=tasty.
    Cheddar=cheese.
    Stuffed=full to the brim.

So basically they're advertising tasty cheese that fills you to the brim?

Comment

Hm, cheddar and bacon or ham go quite well together [though can occasionally be a bit on the salty side] and if you add in butter sauteed onion, I am there!

Stuffed - hm, burgers not so much though I tend to think of split pork chops stuffed with finely chopped cabbage, onions, apples and psices like cinnamon, allspice, pepper and cloves. I also can think of splitting a chicken or turkey breast and stuffing it with a panade of heavy cream soaked breadcrumbs, finely minced shallot, sage leaves, celery, pepper, cranberries and roasted chestnut meats or an outright whole stuffed and tressed chicken, duck, goose, pheasant or turkey.

I have seen jigs meant to aid in making burger patties deliberately formed for stuffing, and I find them to be too thick to eat properly [I have TMJ, so my jaw only opens part way and is painful otherwise.] I have no problems with the idea of making stuffed burgers for others, but I make them by hand the old fashioned way.

mmm I really need to make a ballotine of chicken again soon ... I get the carcass for tossing into the freezer for future stock making, now we have a chest freezer again [the last one died o us with several thousand $$s of food in it =( Thank Ghu for insurance!] and nummy nummy dinner for 6 or 8 people. There are a number of different goodies to stuff a ballotine with, it just depends on how opulent you want to get - I remember back when I was still a kitchen monkey watching Chef make one custom ordered stuffed with a panade, a whole truffle [!] and foie gras. *sob*

Comment

The ad (for those who do not know it) goes something like this.

"Ok Brad ((Don't think this is the name they used but meh)) Word Association, Go. Bacon!"

"Chedder!"

"Stuffed!"

"Burger!"

The two start 'cheering' and a manager appears from nowhere and starts cheering with them.

Comment

Working...
        X