You can't make this stuff up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't make this stuff up

Watching the Game of Thrones season finale with several of my friends when this happens.

Sam (character in the show): "The night gathers. It's coming for all of us."

And the power goes out in my house. Complete darkness. Out of all the times that could've happened, I'm so happy that was it. I just had to share that. We laughed hysterically when that happened

Gotta love it when the timing is that perfect!

Comment

I had one of those moments last night while curled up with my boyfriend on the bed. We were watching Watchmen.

There comes a dead silence in the film and my iPad suddenly chirps in with the "Better them then me" notifcation from Tapped Out

Comment

Nekojin used to play Tapped Out, and there was a time when one of us was sympathizing over something that happened to someone else, and a moment later there goes Homer going, "Better them than me."

We both busted up.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The closest I can come to this is that my computer announces new mail by saying "what are you babbling about?" and, when I'm lucky, does so right after someone in the room has said something stupid.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Oooh, oooh I've got a new one!

My boyfriend and his friends are all heavy Archer fans. I like Archer, but not to the same extent.
            One of the things that they all have on their phones is the Archer soundboard, which plays various soundbites of Sterling Archer.
            One of his mates has the line "awk-ward" (said in a slight sing-song) for his notification message. (My boyfriend has a creepy laugh at the moment)
            His friend had his phone on in the toilet at one point. Goes in, sits down, does his business. Phone happens to be in his pocket and loud. There's a guy in the stall next to him.

Dead silence.

Then all of a sudden.

"awk-ward"

Comment

That reminds me of another great one that happened to us a few months ago. My friends and I were drinking and sort of halfway/not really watching an episode of White Collar. It was just sort of on in the background while we were talking/joking/playing drinking games. Eventually, one of my friends goes "So I have no idea what's happening in this episode." And we all stop talking and look at the screen for a second. And right then, one of the characters looks directly at the camera and says "You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?"

Comment

I was doing a system replacement at a bank one night (PITA, don't ask) that was running an automated lighting system that we were not told of. Part of it was drilling new holes for monitor stands. Well the closest outlet was a jury rigged power bar setup that looked sketchy at best so I plug in the drill and say "watch, I'll blow a breaker when I start the drill." My lead tells me to go ahead and see. Sure enough, just as I start the drill the lights go out. First words out of my mouth "I swear I didn't do it!" as we're all laughing.

Then there's the incident that happened to my dad. We were cleaning the lawn with my dad operating the electric weed whacker we had. Now we were having issues with it as it was and this time was no exception. My dad had said "If this damn thing dies on me again I'm getting a gas powered one!" On those words the weed whacker dies for the last time. We were shopping for a gas powered one the next day.

Comment

Both weird and creepy....

On Sept. 11, 2002, exactly one year after the attacks, we were watching the evening news and the winning numbes for NY Numbers came up on the screen. Not lying, the winning numbers were 9-1-1.

Comment

Working...
                  X