Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that was a waste of my time (MSN photo set)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that was a waste of my time (MSN photo set)

I haven't gotten round to changing my home page and it's still on bing/msn, they had an article on good and bad registration plates.
    Thought i'd give it a go, rather pointless, all the accompanying text said was the licence plate that accompanied the photograph, not a who what where when or why.

Some were obvious like Pertwee's Who 1 and the live action Fab 1 as celebrity vanity plates, there was Hasslehoff with a N8 Rider and a JB 007 Aston martin, but without any text to back it up, I do not recall what the plates were in the show or film, it could just be a bond fan who owned a car similar to the one used and not the actual car with vanity plate (iir it was the one with rotating plates anyway).

Some were not even connected to a car, the CH11 PPY one was held by a chip shop worker, but I'm guessing there is a car tied to that in the DVLA database in the UK, but some of the others ...

There is a guy who has a 'barrow' in the shopping centre who makes 'vanity' licence plates for doors, anything that remotely looks like it could be a real plate he wont touch without seeing documents to the fact.
    I know cos I wanted to get a motorbike yellow square to put on my LP bag I used for evening classes, but as my choice looked like a vanity plate I would have to stump up money at the DVLA for it and have to renew it often as there was no car or motorbike assigned to it.
    Though if I do get a moped, I will endeavour to get the plate number.

I've seen other pieces similar to this, photographs with very little to go with them, you might as well just link to a flikr album and be done with it if you are not going to pad out the 'article' you have just published and as it was one image per page and not all 30 in a single gallery, that's the bit that irks when coming from a 'news' site.
Working...
X