Oh google translate you are funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh google translate you are funny

I don't speak a second language so Google is my primary port of call for simple tasks.

I offer it as a back up plan to make sure anyone who is offered a phrase can make sure it is what they are after, I should know, the amount of times I asked a polish guy how to say something and I would ask one of the women in the office the same question and the answer would be drastically different and normally the man had given me a curse phrase instead of a question I had asked out of curiosity.

I know google to not be the best as I have translated to European languages back to English and scratched my head at the results, so if the return trip is dubious, I dare not guess how accurate the German French or Spanish might be.

It has been said that to use it for Korean it is best to go via Japanese as the vocabulary is stronger than English to Korean direct and Japanese shares a lot of grammar to Korean.
    So someone wanted a post translated, was offering cash, I suggested parsing it through google before handing over any money to make sure they were not paying for a lasagne recipe.
    I was not going to do it as I wouldn't be able to do anything other than throw it through google, but I did the first paragraph to and from Korean.
    Came out a bit borked at the end, tried the Japanese approach and got this

I was able to use the practice my partner to great effect for several months, won home sex life improvement of Poland, as well as fellow in my house, to improve.
    Won home sex life improvement of Poland, wow there is a medal for that?

So if I'm reading that right, the practice that you did with your partner was so effective, it improved the sex lives of couples all over Poland.

Good job! You deserve a Major Award.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
      So if I'm reading that right, the practice that you did with your partner was so effective, it improved the sex lives of couples all over Poland.

Good job! You deserve a Major Award.
      Reminds me of an article in a local paper a few years ago about a church's new pipe organ, which had taken several months to install and was definitely not portable. Article said it would improve music "throughout Hall County."
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Lol, reminds me of Babelfish. Most of the time tho, Babelfish is obviously taking some really crazy drugs.

Funny Babelfish.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Oh you are fucking kidding me, first it was figuratively now means literally, now this.
          Did you mean: that don't translate well did it?
          I typed didn't, everything remained the same.
          Last edited by Ginger Tea; 09-08-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X