Oh Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Facebook

Ok so a while ago Facebook started doing it's usual bullshit and just putting random stuff in my newsfeed, even just posts from complete strangers not even celebrities. So I went nuclear on my profile, I deleleted everything, where I work, where I live where I go to school. I even went and unliked every page I had ever liked. It worked my news feed is meddle free. But now on the side out of the way facebook is asking me for information. It's even just stuff like have you watched this show?

I feel like facebook doesn't know what to do and is like "can you please, please, please give us info to profile you?" "like this, like this, like this please."

I find this endlessly amusing.

Is there a particular reason you just didn't restrict who could post on it?
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

no I mean in my news feed it would start suggesting stuff it thought I'd be interested in and then one another person who isn't even on my friend's list showed up in my news feed. It would start putting all kinds of crap in my way because you like star wars here's something posted by mark hammill and shit like that.

Comment

Ah. Gotcha.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know, I had to go rabid-nuclear on my facebook also, and twitter seems to be ignoring me

Comment

Originally posted by AccountingDrone View Post
            I know, I had to go rabid-nuclear on my facebook also, and twitter seems to be ignoring me
            I'm almost to that point due to some of these ads, especially those for Classmates.com. Those make me want to

I have no one on my page who I went to school with. Believe me, if I wanted anything to do with any of those morons from back then, I would have accepted their friend requests.

I wanted nothing to do with those cretins then nor do I care now. So if you want to target ads to me, make sure they are relevant to my life as it actually is, not what you want it to be.
            If life hands you lemons . . . find someone whose life is handing them vodka . . . and have a party - Ron "Tater Salad" White

Comment

Working...
            X