Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So much for MexiCoke

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/9...m#.UnuzX-Is18F

Apparently, Coke is making the switch from "sugar" to HFCS in Latin America...openly, at least. It's possible that they were doing it all along. Does this mean the end of the (imho) superior product?
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

LatinTimes has an update to this story.

It's somewhat heartbreaking to find out that they switched away from real cane sugar a long time ago and have secretly been giving us HFCS.
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Do they still have Passover Coke?
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
        LatinTimes has an update to this story.

It's somewhat heartbreaking to find out that they switched away from real cane sugar a long time ago and have secretly been giving us HFCS.
        I will point out that the study that claimed they used HFCS is actually quite a poor study- they used a sample of only 23 bottles- ONE of which was MexiCola. Not to mention, there was something like a 5% deviation from the stated nutritional values on the bottle. To be blunt, I suspect they had a bottle that wasn't Mexicola The difference in sugar was 10%, and there is a margin of error of 6%. That would mean that the two could actually be the same. The bottlers say they use 50% HFCS for the mexico-sold bottles, and 100% cane sugar for the exported version. (or rather, one bottler uses 50% for the mexico-sold version, the other uses 60%)

in short? I doubt the study that claimed they used HFCS not cane sugar's accuracy, since it was far from a rigorous test. It could ahve simply been either a knockoff, or even mislabeled.

Comment

Never going to happen here at least, although I don't drink Coke.
          I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
          Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            Do they still have Passover Coke?
            My store has it on occasion. I've actually never had it; every time I ponder getting a bottle, it's all sold out. It does fly off the shelves and we had some near-fistfights over it last year as well as people putting names on bottles and hiding them throughout the store
            "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
            X