Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DGoddess View Post
    Same here. Except in my house, it's Santa Mama

And that's because all of our packages from Santa looked identical to Mom's handwriting and I pointed it out to her. Ever since then, our presents always were from Santa Mama.
    Oh, you noticed that too? I don't recall ever pointing it out to my mom though...

This year, looks like I get to be Santa Mama . . still trying to figure out how to smuggle a PS3 inside without my brother catching me.
    Go shopping. Doesn't have to be much, just enough to cover the PS3 and get a large, opaque bag. Like from Macy's. That way a cursory glance looks like clothes as you go in and you can better hide the box once you're away from your bro
    I has a blog!

Comment

Santa never wrapped his presents for us, so I never had a handwriting clue. I actively believd in Santa until sixth grade when my parents finally had a talk, and I cried for hours. Looking back, I think I knew a long time before, but so much was going wrong in my life and I was so miserable so much that I just needed to hold on to something that was perfectly uncorrupted and innocent. I needed Christmas to be magic because the rest of the year was so cruel and monumentally difficult.

Now that I'm grown up I try to be Santa myself. I take those ornaments from charities that list a kid's name, age, and what they want, and buy it for them. I add books to my purchase when the local bookstores do those promotions for needy kids. And I always make sure I have plenty of surprises for my family.
      "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
      We are contented, because he says we are
      He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        IMy son believes wholeheartedly in Santa, who not only eats his cookies and drinks his milk but leaves handwritten notes for him as well
        Of course, sometimes Santa misbehaves, ignores the milk and cookies, and drinks all daddy's beer.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
          Milk and cookies? Pfau. We in the UK generally leave mince pies and sherry. Yup we get Father Christmas drunk in charge of a flying vehicle :P
          Luckily, the reindeer are sober.

Actually, Santa Claus is a Time Lord, and his sleigh is his disguised TARDIS. How else could he get all the gifts delivered on time?
          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
          X