X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Tight Are You?

Get your mind out of the gutter

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/qui...htareyou/?p=52

I find this quiz hilariously ridiculous (I guess it is meant to be that way). I got a 19%. Mostly cause I am not an asshole.
    Last edited by bex1218; 12-22-2013, 03:27 PM.

I also got 19%. Though, come to think of it, I *have* done the skip thing, though I'd maintain it's a bit different when it's your own relatives' trash.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I got a 0%.

I don't like this test.
      I has a blog!

Comment

I got 24%. And I would do the skip thing if I ever found something useful on top.

But the stuff about not tipping fully, not being around for your round, and haggling at charity shops is just kind of dickish. Though the latter can be done reasonably.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

24% some of these questions just sound...wrong.

Comment

Well, I'll say one thing: For some of these questions, like making yourself hidden when it's your turn to do rounds and scamming your friends when splitting the restaurant tab, you won't have to do those for long before you run out of friends.

I know someone who would probably get a "good" score on this test and he basically alienated himself from anyone who was previously close to him due to tactics you see in this very quiz. He was the kind of phony who made himself seem like a cool guy until you got to know him a bit better and realized how much of a pathetic ass he was.

Comment

I was telling my girlfriend about this. One of the questions I told her:

Using a buy one get one free coupon on your first date. Hell yes I would. But I typically date people I already know well enough, and they know me.

Comment

0% here.

I'm not sure "tight" is the term for a lot of those questions. "Miserly" perhaps.

Comment

25% apparently...
                  I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
                  Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

12% for me. A lot of these things would never have occurred to me.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

14%.

I tried to answer the questions in what I thought was the spirit of them, rather than take them literally.

For example, for Question 1 ... I don't drink coffee or tea, but I think the spirit of the question was whether you'd make use of leftover milk from cereal, rather than just throw it away.

Since I always drink the leftover milk from a bowl of cereal, I decided to answer yes.

Some of the stuff they asked, like trying to duck out of paying your fair share when you're out with friends, has less to do with money than just being obnoxious.

Finally, I didn't really agree with this question :

If you gave someone a CD, DVD or computer game as a present would you listen, watch or play it first?
                      A significant part of the value of a CD, DVD, and many computer games is the ability to replay it.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that you are expected to refrain from watching a DVD before giving it to somebody else, provided that you don't keep a copy of it for yourself.

Once you give it away, you no longer have the ability to make use of it, so I wouldn't say that this behavior really counts.

People borrow stuff all the time. As long as only one person is making use of something, and a person would need to buy his/her own item in order to use it at will, I don't think there's anything noteworthy about it.
                      "Well, the good news is that no matter who wins, you all lose."

Comment

25%.

I do re-use teabags; I have re-gifted things, and although I've never done the "watch or play it first" thing with CDs or electronic games ... I have read books (VERY carefully so as not to crease the spine!) before giving them as a gift.

And I agree that some of these "money-saving" efforts are more about being a jerk than being frugal.

Comment

With the 'watch/listen/play' thing, I was always told that you test the medium first to make sure you don't have a dud. Given that you have the means to play it, of course, especially for video games.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsOfDragons View Post
                            With the 'watch/listen/play' thing, I was always told that you test the medium first to make sure you don't have a dud. Given that you have the means to play it, of course, especially for video games.
                            Personally I have never done it, but my parents have with my gifts. It never bothered me, though. Heck, I even appreciate that I don't have to remove the stupid shrinkwrap and dozens of stickers off the case!

Comment

I got 9%. I re-use tea bags, but not because I'm cheap. I re-use them because they still work.
                              Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Working...
                              X