No announcement yet.

The latest from the tinfoil-hat brigade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All well and good, but "the coffee and doughnuts we already have" do not begin and end with Starbucks.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Dunkin' Donuts! I've been to a couple of them during my ventures down south...I find all their stuff much sweeter than what I can get at Tim Horton's. And fresh Crispy Creme donuts are awesome, but I don't think it's good to sit down and eat half a dozen in one go...which I have done, sadly enough. What? They're donut crack!

Comment

I can't stand Krispy Kreme (and the Ks in the name make me happy that I hate their product, too). I have an easier time eating cotton candy or divinity than KK donuts. (yes, both of those are almost pure sugar)

I don't think I've ever run into a chain donut shop that was as tasty as the donuts I've had up north, but there are some local private donut shops that are to die for.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I did try a Krispy Kreme specialty once and was not impressed ... but it was not at a Krispy Kreme outlet. They'd been trucked in from somewhere so were not exactly fresh-out-of-the-oven. AFAIK there is no Krispy Kreme outlet in my vicinity, even once you expand my vicinity to include a city an hour or so away.

Comment

While of course they sell a variety, it's the original glazed that's "the" Krispy Kreme doughnut. It's fried, and ideally eaten while still hot, though for the longest time selling direct to individuals was practically an afterthought to their supplying grocery stores and such.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
              Well, most Americans can use those lessons. Bring Tim Hortons down here and you've got a deal!
              We have Tim Hortons in my neck of the woods. I think the ones in Canada are better though.

Comment

Donut nirvana (or Utopia as I would call it) would have fresh hot glazed donuts available 24 hours a day, and not have enough sugar to put an elephant into a sugar coma.. (ie not raise or lower ones blood sugar at all). That would be divine. As for coffee.. can take it or leave it, either or. Not really impressed with any coffee I've tried. I can no longer haz glazed donuts, they will be missed...yes they will be missed.

R.I.P Glazed Donuts ?? - 2010.

Comment

Working...
                X