fratching love.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fratching love.

random, but, can i just say how much i love this site? it's so awesome being in and seeing a place where we can rip the shit out of eachother in one thread, agree in another, and at the end of the day have the 'net version of a "good game" handshake and move on to the next topic.
    this site rocks.

though i guess that's not really a debate...
    uh...
    THE WORD COLOUR HAS A U IN IT DAMMIT, discuss.

(joking)
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

This site indeed rocketh the socketh. Though burn cream ought to be given out on a daily basis. XD

*Dithers into thread, leaves a half-relevent comment about how Us used to look like Vs, dithers out again to a couple of raised eyebrows and comes back every day or so to watch battle rage*

Comment

Even as a (mostly) lurking bastard, I have to agree, this place is the best. Thank you Raps, thank you to all the moderators, and thank you to all the participants.

*Would that make it colovr? How does that work? Is it french or something? How do you pronounce it?"

Comment

This site definitely rocks. Look your bringing out us lurkers.

As to having a U in the word "colour", this must be a Canadian thing, puting proper spelling to words. Why I've seen it spelled coolor, colover, and culer. While that last had a u, I dont think its the spelling your looking for. I have it on authority from my 6 year old thst all of the above are correct. . I must confess that I am attempting to teach this Canadian/European ideal of correct spelling so that attempt to communicate with people who speak proper English can have some chance of being understood.

Comment

Fratching has kept me amused for years. I love being able to tell people how I really feel about a subject. Good release seeing as some stuff I say could probably start a lynch mob because I hurt people's feelings.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I actually got marked down in sixth grade for spelling some words in the non-American spellings that were still technically correct. I started reading a lot of high fantasy starting in 4th grade, so I'd spell "colour," "armour," and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara_CS View Post
              I actually got marked down in sixth grade for spelling some words in the non-American spellings that were still technically correct. I started reading a lot of high fantasy starting in 4th grade, so I'd spell "colour," "armour," and so on.
              My girlfriend lost a spelling be on the word "armor". Sucks, but New Jersey uses American spellings and not English/Canadian/whoever (I'm guessing Australia/NZ).
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Allow me to add my love for this site. Even if we don't all agree, everyone is at least sensible and doesn't resort to assholish tactics seen on other sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                  Allow me to add my love for this site. Even if we don't all agree, everyone is at least sensible and doesn't resort to assholish tactics seen on other sites.
                  Or my facebook wall as Smiley and myself just saw.

Comment

Working...
                  X