Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another reason to have indoor only cats

common parasite has jumped hosts

It's a relative of the guneia worm, foot long parasitic worm that bursts out of an animal's limb-slowly. comes from drinking untreated water or frogs.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Ooooh guinea worms are horrifying. I wouldn't wish that on any person OR any animal.

We also have coyotes in the woods behind our house, which look upon cats as yummy snacks. My neighbor lets her three cats roam outside all day (where they poop in my garden...grrrr) but takes them in at night. I'm a little sorry she does, honestly.

Comment

The page won't open; I'm not sure whether to be sorry (because I wanted more information) or glad (because news sites just can't resist putting in photos of things like this where you can't help seeing them even if you don't want to rather than just letting you read text.)
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Well, I don't recall it having anything other that pics of a regular housecat.

That said, it's not a new parasite, just one that hadn't been seen in cats before, keeping itself to small mammals of other types, mostly rodents, but also including dogs, so it's not just cats that need to be taken care of, though they aren't usually allowed to roam beyond their yards.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
          comes from drinking...frogs.
          The mental image here is stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepwalker View Post
            The mental image here is stunning.
            Frog Slurry anyone?

Comment

Mmmm, slurry.

I was thinking of the joke, 'what is red and green and goes 100 miles per hour?'

'Frog in a blender.'

Comment

Working...
              X