Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we love E.W.E.

Some lovely quotes from EWE

Edwin W. Edwards is a former governor of Louisiana who is...a bit of an interesting personality. He got out of prison about 3 years ago, where he had been serving time for some of the more "interesting" things he did while in office. Always a fan favorite back home in Louisiana. Good or bad, he was an endless source of amusement, with a silver tongue.

For reference -- when he was about to go on trial, local news stations asked "people on the street" two questions: "Do you think he committed those crimes?" and "Do you think he should be punished for them, if so". The results were more or less universal: "Yes, of course he did" to the former, and "No, of course not" to the latter

Now he's considering running for national office. No matter how it turns out, it should, at least, be fun to watch.
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

He reminds me of former Providence mayor Buddy Cianci. He has the charisma to make his constituents love him despite having gotten in prison on two non-consecutive occasions. After his latest prison term I don't think he's allowed to run for mayor again, but I know a good portion of people would vote for him again, and possibly even win it.

He's now a Providence radio talk show host, and a popular one, I might add.

Comment

Growing up in Louisiana, it always seemed that having a shady history along those lines was a prerequisite for running for office. We didn't ask IF our elected officials were corrupt -- we pondered what their lifetime graft totals would be.
      "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
      "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Ah yes, Edwards. I remember the election where your choices for governor were Edwards the convicted thief or Duke the "former" grand wizard of the KKK. It sucked living in Louisiana during that race.

Comment

Working...
        X