Babies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babies

What do you think of babies in general? Do you prefer certain features in one baby over others? Do you prefer human babies or animal babies?

Do you have kids or pets? If so, how were they when they were babies? Also, would you do it all over again?

To say "I think babies are cute" would be an understatement for me. To me, babies are the cutest creatures in this entire universe! There, I said it!

I prefer human babies, although some animal babies are quite adorable. The eyes and cheeks are deal-makers/deal-breakers to me. Babies with asian features are the best for me, but what about for you?

I have two nephews, but no kids of my own.

Now for the final question for the baby-less: Would you prefer to have your own babies or would you be better off playing with someone else's babies? I'm in the latter group, btw.
    Last edited by cindybubbles; 04-06-2014, 01:23 AM.

Nope, not happening. I prefer cats to kittens, dogs to puppies, and my humans to be housebroken and coherent. I will not willingly abuse any young of any species, but do not want anything to do with them at all.

Edited to add that care bear in my avatar slot is because in EVE Online, I was known as one of the better industrial pilots [mining and manufacture] however I am also a well rated raid pilot, killing other players and their ships. The little blurry letters were a reference to my alliance at the time.
    Last edited by AccountingDrone; 04-05-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I have one kid and another on the way. While I enjoyed #1's babyhood, I actually like him even better now he's 4. He can communicate, he can visibly learn things, he has opinions and preferences. He's much more interesting now that he's a real human being.

I've never liked other people's kids in general much though, and I've never been particularly fond of babies. Sure they're cute, but I'm not really into holding other people's babies or anything. Well, most babies are cute. I have seen a couple seriously unattractive babies though. I just hope they grow up to be better looking than they started.

So: having a baby is great, having a big kid is even better. They're more interesting to me when they have developed personalities so you can see how they are turning out.

(baby animals are A-OK and I like pictures and videos of them, but when it comes to pets I would prefer to get animals that are adults or close to it- like our cat was 6 months old, she was still cute BUT she was already litter trained, so we didn't have to deal with that)

PS- want to come babysit a new baby sometime in early November, cindybubbles? ; )
      Last edited by anakhouri; 04-06-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anakhouri View Post
        PS- want to come babysit a new baby sometime in early November, cindybubbles? ; )
        Sorry, but with my bladder problems resulting in lack of sleep, I'm becoming more and more like a baby myself.

By "look after" other people's babies, I meant "play with" other people's babies while other people change diapers, etc. I will edit my post to say that, though.

Comment

not a baby person.
          i don't mind the niece, since she is as weird as the rest of us (kid loves skeletons, go figure), and doesn't have too many freakouts. but even her, small doses. >.<
          luckily, hubs is also not a baby person. big reason as to why we got married lol.

even with animals, give me something adult and already house-trained, kthxbai.
          All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I prefer babies to stay very far away from me. Really really far. Gross.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I live with my niece who turned one. Yeah. I don't change diapers unless I absolutely have to. Cause I gag. Bad. She is getting cuter and cuter, though. My heart melts. She is also a smart baby. And she wasn't all that bad with the crying.

I don't want kids. Neither does my love. We prefer to give them back.

I can handle puppies and kitties. One of them has kept his puppy face. The other lost it when his ears and nose grew.

Comment

No secret here! LOL
                I love babies.

I love watching them learn new things and see the looks on their faces as they master yet another skill.

I love the sound of a baby laughing.

A hug or kiss from a baby is genuine because they haven't yet learned about all that other crap in the world and don't know anything about being fake or insincere.

Yeah, the crying and dirty diapers are a huge turnoff, but I still love babies in spite of it.

I love animal babies too, but I prefer human.
                Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Pokémon babies > other babies

"I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I don't understand people who don't like babies. I mean, sure -- I would prefer to not be seated next to one on an eight-hour flight, and I groan when I see a couple walk into a fancy restaurant with one, but the babies themselves are usually adorable and so entertaining to be around, under the right circumstances.

I've always seemed to be in the small percentage of people who say that they like babies and teenagers, but not children. I have trouble talking to kids between the ages of 2 and 12. They're...odd. I don't know how to relate to them. With babies, you just make some funny faces, and they think you're some kind of comedic genius. And teenagers are an absolute riot to talk to -- they haven't figured out how to put on convincing airs yet, so it's somewhat refreshing.

Comment

I also don't know how to talk to children, so I just talk to them like they're grownups. They seem to like that. And my son as a result has an amazing vocabulary for his age.

Comment

I can understand not talking down to children, but you really can't talk to them like they're adults. I mean, they can't relate to any of my go-to small talk topics. They aren't interested in the TED talk I saw last week, or the traffic congestion on Main Street, or the great deals they're offering on new cars right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                          I can understand not talking down to children, but you really can't talk to them like they're adults. I mean, they can't relate to any of my go-to small talk topics. They aren't interested in the TED talk I saw last week, or the traffic congestion on Main Street, or the great deals they're offering on new cars right now.
                          No, but you can talk about their favourite shows or places to go or people to see. It helps if you and the kid have shared interests, like Pokemon or cartoons.

Comment

i think by "talking to them like adults" it's more like not using ickle widdly baybie speek for the snookie boochums.
                            we talk normal to the niece as well. she's not really up on the language thing, but she seems to catch the drift of what we mean. although we can still be silly about it, there's no need to use baby talk.
                            (ie: she likes to do this loud screamy noise when we play tag games. if we tell her "no velociraptors in the house please!" she stops.... this kid's gonna be messed)
                            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

That's what I meant; no baby talk. I refuse to use idiotic baby talk. And when I talk to kids I assume that, like adults, they are intelligent human beings with varied interests. I make references. Sometimes I have to explain the references (I have explained griffins, banshees and Stonehenge to kids in the past) but I treat them like they're smart enough to understand. I don't condescend to them. I ask their opinions and listen to their answers. It's amazing to me the people who just disregard children's thoughts. Sometimes they're really insightful, and sometimes they're just really fracking funny.

I love watching them learn new things and see the looks on their faces as they master yet another skill.
                              The best is when they just start to realize that they control their own limbs. The looks as they stare intently at their fists clenching and unclenching, it's like MIND. BLOWN.
                              Last edited by anakhouri; 04-07-2014, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X